7rc Crash to Desktop CTD

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by chanty, Jul 15, 2017.

1. chanty

chanty Cadet

I had a CTD when ending a turn, about 30 turns into the game. I have win7 64bit i5 4690 16gb 1TB HDD Gforce 750Ti I will try to get it to happen again i nthe new version and report to you.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the report chanty, and for looking into this. If you have a save prior to the time you got the CTD please compress it and upload it to a post here using the "More Options" -> "Upload a file" function.

I also noticed that you're reporting the issue using the 7RC version. Could you please re-download to get the latest version (Pre-Alpha 7a), and let us know if the problem still persists? Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. chanty

chanty Cadet

Downloaded latest version before getting your emails, I loaded old autosave game, has not crashed, re-started afresh, over 100 turns in an no CTD. I have looked at compressing and sending saves, all the 3 autosaves are newer (same date) I guess it auto saves 3 files over and over?

I will make a point of creating a new save from now on. Sorry I couldnt help more :(

4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

No worries chanty,
    try and wait out your next CTD when it happens. I've seen it restore a lot of times but it isn't quick.

5. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Ok, let us know when/if you have another CTD. As Konstantine has said, try to wait a bit when you think you're having a CTD next time to see if the game comes back after a while (if it's a soft CTD and not a straight crash to windows, of course). In those cases it would be super useful if you could have the "Internal Log Viewer" set to ON on the game settings. That will allow you to check if there were any errors raised by making a circular movement with your left mouse button pressed down after you get the CTD.

So, it would be great if you could activate the "Internal Log Viewer" (in game settings) and everytime you get a soft CTD (i.e. when the game doesn't rally crash to windows but only seems frozen)m check the internal log and report back any errors you can see there, or make a screenshot and attach it here.

Thanks a lot.