Let us organize the Savegames easily

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rxnnxs, Jul 19, 2017.

1. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Maybe you know what I mean already.

If not, I can go into detail, but lets make it short:
    There are many games that do this in the not that good way. Its hard to find old save games you like to play further.

1. So what should be implemented first, would be the possibility to sort it for names and for the date.

2. Also it would be nice to implement a filter.
      And the filter would not only able to filter for some names like *Hum*, but also filter for only the highest turns.
    3. A "favorite" (marked with a *) option to keep "good times" (I mean a turn when the big battle began and so on) accessible more easy.

4. let us change the amount of autosaves and the round amount when to save again. i.e. all 5 turns.

2. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Please implement that a doubleclick opens the savegame.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

So basically this would be a filling system for saves? It would allow a player to retain more saves and once those got to be too many to be searched easily you would apply the filters you suggest to retrieve them quicker?
    An archival system, one that a player could use or not, depending on need along with an adjustment of when the autosave executes, perhaps configurable as well.

4. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Yes, you are perfectly right, this is what I meant.
    Now it may sound silly, and there are only three races, but later on, and when we make our own unique races, a filing system (sort of) would come in handy.
    I just remember how hard it still today is, when I want to start a special situation in MOO3. All savegames there are a mess but there were also outstanding situations that i like to play in different ways.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Now let me explain it to those of you who are interested (or those who do not understand my wish), a little more detailed WHY I am interested in organizing savegames a little more easier:
    Like in real life, where I use to read many books simultaneously, it is like games i.e. space games.
    Now I also remember that many of you (that are writing about games and their adventures) also have the problem that you play not only many 4x games, but also play inside one game many separate races and different universes,
    that it is hard to remember what was when and why.
    Now it would be really great if we could comment on our games and also what happend and what we plan to do.
    this way we can take notes and even at the end of the game publish the diary.

well, my dream would be, that the manned (heroes) spaceships even tell a story by themselfes.
    so every pilot has his captains log.
    while this could be hard to do (well.. dwarf fortress does it kind of), it could be then be the first step to write ourself some comments into each ships log.
    and besides this, a savegame could have its players log.

well, thanks for reading. I am sure some of you will understand what i mean :)