4x fan turned author

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by echo2361, Feb 21, 2017.

1. echo2361

echo2361 Cadet

Hello everyone. Long time 4x fan here who has spent the last few years turning from a fan fiction writer into an amateur science fiction author. My books series, Worlds of Words and War, is heavily inspired by my favorite genre of gaming, space 4x. I focus on the growth of humanity out into space, encounters with aliens both friendly and hostile, and all the common things we see in 4x game play from combat, espionage, diplomacy, and more.

I just published my last book in the series, Destroyer of Worlds, which focuses on an "end game" threat to Earth along with deep political divisions within humanity. It is available in a few places I'll link below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3BL1QW

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/701708

Obviously I would suggest taking a look at the first two books in the series as well, but I figured since we're all space 4x fans here I thought I'd share my latest work. If anyone should pick up my book, please consider leaving a review/star rating for it wherever you get it from. Such things do wonders for amateur authors like myself. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

Congrats for your work!. I´ll check it out for sure.

3. echo2361

echo2361 Cadet

Thanks!

4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Avid Sci Fi reader and ameteur writer myself, short stories mostly. My congratulations sir and rest assured I will try your work.

5. Baron Hattori Hanzo

Baron Hattori Hanzo Cadet

sound really interesting.. !!!!!

I will take a look at the whole series

6. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

Congrats, I 'll have a look at your books. Best of wishes with your future endavour in your new career venture

7. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

Very cool.

Maybe one thing that the community could do is short stories.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. IvanK

IvanK Lieutenant

I wouldn't mind either. There were fun to read on MoO: Conquer the Stars forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

Actually I am thinking that there needs to be a story teller as well for Project Space Sector ... I am thinking about writing some fiction for fun as well.

10. Scifibookguy

Scifibookguy Lieutenant

You might want to consider corresponding with Nick Cole, and author who does very well with marketing. I think he could help you market your books. You might also want to consider putting your books on Kindle Unlimited.

https://www.facebook.com/nick.cole.1654