Available Constructions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rxnnxs, Jul 20, 2017.

1. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Now I have to get used to the fact that the filter is in this case located at the bottom instead of the top like in the overview.
    maybe it would be more consistent if it is located at the top.

my main wish would be here at first, to have the switch icons on/off.

build.jpg

If there would just be text (and here again, maybe the text would be better placed above the icon instead of below it), only text would be easier to grasp.
    very fast hipshot:
    text.jpg

2. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Also, the filter is resetted when the circled buttons are pressed.
    Secondly, when a terraforming task is selected, it is somehow now stored. i guess this function is in develpment.
    at least it is not self explanatory, cause when the eco-engineering button is pressed, the setting is lost.
    Lets say I select "Terran terraforming" and then press Habitat control again, it is switched instantly and reset to emtpy space.

3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Hi rxnnxs,
    May I point out that the icons, (visual representations of constructions) can act as an aid for some players and allow them both to more quickly differentiate and identify the constructions. For example, judging by the level of your posts thus far, I don't believe that my own cognitive abilities are similar to your own and I (and players like me) would suffer if this was text only. And then there is obviously the matter of aesthetics. As such I might be able to support a "choice" or option here but could not see the benefits of removing them entirely.

Here I would ask you to clarify further if you can but I will offer some information in advance. You say now stored, it should be until completed. Once completed the icon will stay in place but you are not actually terraforming at that stage, You would need to manually re-select habitat control (and in the process might need to re-activate planetary engineering first). Of course this is also further contingent upon not having reached maximum population, in that event habitat control ceases to be an option.
    If you select Terran terraforming as the example stated are you allowing completion or disrupting prior to it? also if you can clarify what exactly you mean by empty space I could answer accordingly

4. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Please take a look at the pic from MOO2, thats all I need :)
    Also I wished a switch On/Off. SUre pictures are better, but if you are used to it, the text will be .. self explaining :)
    To the left could be buildings, to the right the ships.
    moo.jpg
    Button could be located here:
    button.jpg

Lets say I activate the
    terraforming button (bulldozer).
    When I press now the Habitat Button, the selected terraform option is reset.
    See Picture 2 and 3.
    1_swamp.jpg

2_habitat.jpg

When a filter is active and I press i.e. the habitat button, the filter is reset.
    See picture 4 and 5
    3_filter_on.jpg

4_filteroff.jpg

5. Konstantine

Danke mein Herr, I was not certain what you meant,
    Let me first explain I am not one of the developers, in fact I am just like you with more time available to devote to ISG and as such I try to help where I can
    Here I am not entirely certain that what we see is the final layout, I will however make certain that your feedback is understood and taken into consideration.
    This is entirely correct and like you I was concerned it would not be understood quickly.
    Planetary Engineering consists of two sub-sets.
    The first of these is habitat control used for population growth acceleration and ecological improvement (ecological improvement only becomes an option if you have the correct technology, you will know it is available as an arrow icon will appear in the habitat control selection indicating other options are available).

The second subset is planetary engineering, again only available and selectable if you have the technology needed.
    These two sub-sets, while both part of planetary engineering are mutually exclusive. This means that only one may be active at any given time, this is why if you select terraforming and then habitat control again, terraforming resets, you have in effect cancelled it.

This is an area that must be detailed well in the future comprehensive User Manual as I too believe it is unfamiliar to what we are conditioned to expect as regards this mechanic

This I believe may be a bug, I will check with Adam

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed information, it has been most helpful

Edit
    I think additional information to aid the player will also be included in game perhaps with a galactopedia type of entry

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  6. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Dear Konstantine, no harm was done, in fact you are summing tings up quite nicely.
    Now you just found out I am german by posting the MOO2 german edition :)
    And I also ask you please to be patient and not to think I am rude on purpose, its not my mother language, as not for all of you, too. But you all write pretty crystal clear english, while my attempts sometime seem to lead in a wrong.. attitude. Maybe. I am sorry for that, but even in germanm sometimes I am a bit harsh. Please do not take it personal.

I am also sure tha this is not the final layout, but as Adam encouraged us, we shall write what comes to out mind, sort of :)

I suppose this is the icon you mean.
    thisarrow.jpg
    Now there is a tooltip missing, sure.

Yes, what is needed here, is a information that the work will be cancelled. Maybe it kicks in after a turn has been made, meaning work is going to be wasted, but here I have to say, why?
    If we halt terraforming, it will not be lost - maybe it would degrade, but totally wasted would be too much.

You are welcome! (Sounds odd since I am new here, kind of)

7. Konstantine

Mein Herr,
    You are not rude and I never felt that from you, please do not think such a thing.
    I have the utmost respect for anyone that learns a second language and perfectly understand that it is we who should be grateful to anyone who takes the time to post feedback, especially in a language that is not entirely comfortable to them.
    I assure you, we are all of like mind here and share this respect.
    No, that is not correct, the icon shown with the red arrow will center the dot and distribute planetary production equally
    green arrow.jpg

the icon allowing ecological improvement will appear where I have indicated with the green arrow, however you must have the technology first in order for it to be visible

That is irrelevant sir, significant contributions can be made by someone new or someone that has been here a while, that is why the community is so important to all of us, together we see much more than any one of us could alone.
    Please feel free to post anytime on any subject of interest to you without hesitation

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Ahh, thanks for clarification!

But now I have a new question:
    Why can I terraform Terran to Swamp? This does not make sense to me:
    swamp.jpg

9. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, that should not happen. What you interact with in the plantary engineering controls should not affect the construction filters. I took note of this and it should be fixed in the next versions. Thanks, to both of you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Konstantine

This is something new introduced by ISG and it is wonderful,
    In MoO2 everyone had a terran world as their homeworld and terraforming eventually led to a galaxy of Terran or Gain planets only.
    In ISG each race has a different type of homeworld, The Dragul for example have a swamp world as their home and the Moltar Volcanic.
    You are no longer restricted to terraforming in a straight line, and have the ability to terraform in any direction you wish. This accommodates all the different races and will also come in handy when migration and mixed colony populations are introduced

• Helpful Helpful x 1