Bug: Enemy planet not accessable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by baylander, Jul 23, 2017.

1. baylander

baylander Cadet

Hi all,

thanks to the devs for the already rock stable experience in this pre-alpha 7b version.

This was my first playing through and i already made it to turn 294.

Found an incident, where i was not able to get to the enemies planet, because it was not visible, allthough the whole space around was allready known.

Attached you will find a pic.

P.S.
    Why are the planet name fonts so uncrisp? Can i change this somewhere?
    Played on 2560x1440, very high.

Thanks a lot for the passionate work. I'm eager to follow the progress in the coming months.
    Hopefully there will be enough budget to develop the game and to further improve the overall look. :)

Greetz Patrick

Attached Files:

2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Hi baylander, glad you are enjoying ISG.
    What you found is an alien rogue planet that is hidden to you, do a full scan of the area and it should be revealed. (same thing happened to me) I know the devs will still be adjusting this mechanic and would welcome feedback on it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. baylander

baylander Cadet

Hi Konstantine,
    thanks for your welcome and you're absolutly right, it was my missing reconnaissance. :)

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

You're welcome baylander, and I'm happy to see that you've made it to turn 294 on your first game already.

Yes, as Konstantine has said, that was a hidden rogue planet that you had to reveal by remote exploration first.

We're currently revising the way the hidden systems are revealed to the player. Right now, every planet (except rogue planets) that any rival (you're in contact with) colonizes, will be instantly revealed to the other players. We're thinking if rogue planets should also be revealed, or if no hidden system of any kind (black hole, neutron star, exotic star, white dwarf, brown dwarf, rogue planet) should be revealed at all, requiring the player to reveal them through remote exploration. Or, if we keep the way it is now, revealing all systems, except rogues, upon rival settlement establishment, that you're in contact with.

Let me know if you have any further thoughts on this matter.

Thanks.