Can't defeat Space Dragon with only armor piercing weapons

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by aReclusiveMind, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Scenario: Cruiser armed with 5x armor piercing Tungsten Guns vs. Space Dragon

I suspect this applies to all enemies with armor.

Space Dragon and Cruiser initially exchange fire. Cruiser eliminated all structure health from Space Dragon. Space Dragon armor remain at 150/150. Space Dragon no longer attacks. Cruiser continues to hit space dragon and cause (armor piercing) damage according to the log, but the Space Dragon is never defeated.

The game doesn't seem to consider an enemy defeated until their armor is also eliminated. The enemy however stops attacking once it is technically defeated. I confirmed this by replaying the battle with a ship that had a non-armor piercing weapon. I eliminated the armor and the game said I won the battle.

EDIT: I was incorrect in saying shields were the issue originally. Adam pointed out I incorrectly associated the blue bar with shields. It is actually when armor is left behind (due to armor piercing weapons) that you can't defeat the enemy. I replaced my references with shield to armor in the post for future readers. Issue remains to be fixed.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Ok, we'll look into that. The Space Dragon no longer attacking could be that it has lost its firing ability because you say that you eliminated all structure health and I'll say that it probably has also eliminated all systems health (which includes the Dragon's "weapons").

The Space Dragon doesn't have shields though, it has armor (the blue indicator: 150 ap), structure (the red one) and internal systems health (the yellow bar). So, your armor piercing tungsten guns seem to have destroyed all structure and systems but left the armor intact. However, and as you say, the game doesn't seem to be considering the ship as defeated/destroyed as long as it has armor left, which is a bug obviously. We'll look into that, thanks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Ahh you are right, in my mind I associated shields with blue automatically. For some reason I thought yellow was armor and red was structure.

It is the armor that is left behind causing the issue. Thanks for looking into this.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

This is also fixed now.To be included in the next version. Thanks again for the report.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.