Infrastructure on Captured Worlds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pnye71, Jul 27, 2017.

1. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

Not sure if it's in the works to change at some point, but infrastructure on captured planets seems to tie in with the race that owns the planet. Example, in a game I am currently playing as Moltars, I capture the Draguul homeworld and it has an infrastructure of 2 and it's also locked. Maybe the space culture choice to be able to terraform uplifted worlds might help in this situation, but only being able to build 2 buildings on a captured world with an 11 population is pretty rough. Maybe if infrastructure were tied to the dominant race that populates the planet. If multiple types of colonists are present the one with the most numbers determines infrastructure and in the event of a tie it would default to the ideal planet type for the ruling empire.

2. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

Maybe it has something to do with Moltars on swamp worlds, but just took over a human planet that was terran. Only 1 eco level higher at 2, but I was able to put points into infrastructure at the same time as 4 building slots available.

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Infrastructure is tied to the race that owns the planet at the moment. This may or may not be the final solution. So, for the time being, when you capture a hostile world to your race, the infrastructure there will cap to the planets' habitability towards your race.

The final solution will depend on the multi-racial colonies concept we end up implementing, because as you say the infra cap may have to be tied to the dominant race (an already suggested solution). However, this needs to be looked at carefully because if the dominant POPs shift, there can be dramatic consequences to the infrastructure capacity which may bring a level 6 infrastructure to level 2 instantly (because race A finds the planet ideal while race B finds it hostile). So, 4 infra perks would need to be either destroyed or disabled, which complicates things a bit. It would be even worse if 5 turns later the dominant race shifts again (and again).

So, having the planet's infrastructure tied to the race that owns it, seems to be a simpler solution for the time being, and in the long run. But, we'll see.

If you have any furthet thoughts on this matter please let me know.

4. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

Thanks. I see it can get complicated especially if a planet changes hands frequently. So far it seems that buildings are often destroyed when conquering a new planet, but in cases where buildings remain (or your scenario where infrastructure suddenly drops below the number of buildings allallowed), is there a way to maybe "grandfather" in the surplus buildings above the building cap? If any buildings above the cap are sold off, you would be unable to build until you were below the actual cap...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

It would be nice to disable them. Maybe they could suffer from no maintenance and in the end they could be ruins, but lets look at it from the race that lives there.
    we should need anyway one pop for one building. then,
    if the other race will be present also, they could man/use the buildings that their race could at this planet because it wuold have a higher infra cap here.
    lets say owning planet race as 2 cap, other race has one pop on this planet.
    owning planet cap 2 other 4.
    3 buidlings could be maintained. even 10 humans could not man than two.