Let modders bring ground fights to a different game

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rxnnxs, Jul 19, 2017.

1. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

So what I mean with that is that now, where you are starting to implement ground fight, it would be a great opportunity for the modders, to be able to write out to a file the information what units fight against each other.

With that possibility laid down in the code, later on, modders or you yourself could interact with other games.

A good example in my eyes is for instance Men Of War, where some eager modders built a campaign generator that worked outside the game itself. After setting all that was needed, men of war was started and we were able to play a randomly selected terrain with preselected units against the AI.

Now Men Of War is just one game that i know of that could be used.

Imagine for those who would like to play the ground battles in ego perspective or as a commander on the battlefield, that would be nice.

It could be played for a given amount of time, then the game is saved and the next turn in ISG has to be made.
    For sure the difficulty level had to be set accordingly, but lets say you attack the homeworld of a rival and try to conquer the city with some special forces and try really hard to break through the lines.
    Whatsoever, I just ask if it would be possible to make the numbers of the soldiers and tanks accessible.

Think about Total War with the units that are generated from within ISG!
    That sounds intense, doesn't it?

Or maybe Forged Alliance just for the different taste.

2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

This sounds intriguing rxnnxs, great potential for creating fun and diverse mods

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Captain Obfuscate

Captain Obfuscate Cadet

This really is intriguing! More importantly, instead of a mod, but a whole new integrated intra game concept, it gives this fantastic gaming producer another entry to the market which could be a nice complementary new purchasable game (ie. real world income). "Interstellar Space Genesis - Boots on the Ground" I would buy it if is done with the same quality as this game........