Pre-made maps and a map editor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrazyElf, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

There is currently a random map generator, but there isn't a large number of pre-made maps (actually not any in the current alpha state).

Many games do have pre-made maps that the end player can play on for a certain experience. Examples include a historic story map, a map with certain conditions (ex: perfectly equal tournaments), or that force a certain playstyle.

If multiplayer is ever introduced for example, a perfectly symmetrical map would be in demand, as multiplayer requires competitive play.

Do you think that ISG needs some pre-made maps?

Another option is to release a map editor for players to play around with and make their own maps. For Steam, this could be integrated with their workshop, where users can subscribe to other people's maps.

2. Konstantine

Konstantine Moderator Admiral

I think that would be kind of cool and I would add that I would like to save maps.
    A few sessions I had already were quite excellent, and the map played a huge role in that, I wouldn't mind the ability to save maps for future use.
    I also wouldn't mind being able to custom make same maps either, I do it on many games I play anyway and believe that they add quite a lot to the re-playability of those games.