So Galactic Civilizations 3 Crusades is out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CrazyElf, May 6, 2017.

1. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

It is looking like citizens play a much bigger role in the game than in previous games.

• The standard new civilizations that you would expect
    • Espionage
    • Enhanced civ builder
    • Invasions have been upgraded
    • Better AI and a few other smaller tweaks
    What is everyone's thoughts?

2. Mark

Mark Ensign

My first thought about Gal Civ 3 - in fact the entire franchise - would be that its not much fun to have "tactical combat" where I just get to sit there twiddling my thumbs while the computer plays with itself. The computer may well be having the time of its life, but then its actually doing something besides watching. That's pretty much my last thought too, sorry just not a fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

Apparently they've made major changes to the game.

Many of the key flaws, most notably the station micro have been addressed or at least an attempt has been made to mitigate them.

4. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

No tactical combat = no go for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. IvanK

IvanK Lieutenant

I haven't played GalCiv 3 but extrapolating from GalCiv 2 and what I've read about GC 3, I don't have faith in it being 4X for may any more then GC 2 was. Glad they fixed constructor spam. In GC 2 I had fun designing super fast constructors which could travel half the map in one turn :) but it was not fun to build them over and over.

I'm fine with strategic combat as long as it thought through and gives feedback about unit effectiveness. SM Alpha Centauri and Civilization 4 are good examples. What they did with fleet combat in GC 3 looks like Gratuitous Space Battles, another game which didn't resonate with me.

6. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

I am ok with any combat which allows me to attack with my units. I don't like to be a spectator, that is not fun for me. Kudos to PSS for giving us combat!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

Not having tactical combat was not a decision I agreed with at all.

The tactical like combat isn't too bad, but it's not the same. The AI needed work pre-expansion.

8. CrazyElf

CrazyElf Lieutenant

I got a chance to play this on my friend's PC. There are some bugs still and Stardock is slowly patching them up.

9. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

GalCiv3 is now available for free until tomorrow in the Epic Store