Where can I see population growth on a planet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wodzu, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

Hi,

So I've just finished researching fusion treatement and I went to planet screen because I wanted to see what effect does it have for my population growth. But I can't find information about population growth on a planet screen, is it yet not implemented?

I think it should be visible when I hoover my mouse on "population", the area which shows when next population member will be born :)

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

To see the pop growth numbers you have to click on the population button on the colony screen and then check the tooltip that opens when you hover your mouse right below where it reads "Growth" on the "Population Details" subpanel.

Colonies are multi-racial, so the pop growth information is presented by race and not in the general population tooltip. However, I'll see what I can do to show the pop growth numbers in the main colony screen as an aggregate for all races. Let's see if that works.

popGrowth.jpg

3. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

Wow, Adam that is amazing :) Didnot know that this was a button :) Can I ask one more question: I see that on my homeworld (as a Human) I am getting -49 FROM POP PRESSURE. What does it mean? Do you mean population density?:) The more population the bigger density and less bonus for growth?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, the more population you have in the colony, and the less available room to grown on (e.g. smaller planet, less space available) the more "POP pressure" you have, and therefore less pop growth. POP pressure means that the population is in more "pressure" to find resources, i.e. less food available, less room in the planet to expand. Therefore, population will grow faster in larger planets with plenty of room to fit more population, and will grow slower on smaller planets or on planets where the pop capacity is almost reached.

• Helpful Helpful x 1