Engine level reverting...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Morloc, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Morloc

Morloc Cadet

Version 1.0.6

If I attempt to refit my ship containing hero Archibald Pike (in the Adaman system in my uploaded save), all ships in orbit have their engine level reverted to Nuclear Drive (from Tachyon Drive).

If the fleet is moved to another system 1st and refit there, the same behavior is observed.

WIN 10 Pro
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 3.79 GHz
    32 GB RAM
    1TB CORSAIR FORCE MP600 SERIES (PCIE GEN4) NVME M.2 SSD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI 11GB GDDR6

-Morloc

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Your ships reverted to Nuclear Engines because a bug in the code assumed that all ships of the fleet should consider having the same engines as the Firebird ship you acquired from the Moltar :) All was fine, but as soon as Archibald's ship was no longer in the fleet, the Firebird ship informed the engines for everybody.

This hidden but quite nasty little bug is now squashed, and a fix will be available in the 1.0.7 update, to be released very soon.

In the meantime, please find your save now fixed, where the Firebird now equips a Tachyon drive like every other ship in your empire.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

3. Morloc

Morloc Cadet

I knew there was something suspicious about them offering me a free ship!...the whole Trojan Horse thing all over again! ;)

Thanks for one less bug! :)

-Morloc

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Finestra

Finestra Lieutenant

Heheh... beware of what you get for free