1.1 Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by medway, Apr 3, 2020.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

Looking great overall so far, nice work. Just noticed a few graphics things I thought maybe can be tweaked if there's still time for it:

antialias.png

Colony screen is much improved, really like how the interface on the left side pops with the new grading. Only issue I found was the colony graphic looks like it could use a little anti-aliasing as you can see some jaggies. Possibly the birds can be slowed down, right now some of the animation is a little distracting (ones in the foreground). Might just be something I need to get used to though.

research screen.png

I like the textured background that's used in various screens but maybe it could be kept to the background for the research screen as it makes the titles a little difficult to read. Also the spacing isn't centred as there's a gap on the right side of each heading.

leader.png

As an example, on the leader page the way the text is on a more solid block with the texture more in the background seems to work better.

traits.png

The new shading on the traits is great but they seem too flush to the top of the screen, can there be a little gap there?

status.png

Still wish these icons would get replaced with something less cartoony. But for now the small telescope that appears to the right of the top 4 icons is quite jagged from resizing.

That's all for now, back to playing. Thanks again for the great update.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for your feedback!

The Human terrain jagged issue was addressed an looks better now with respect to the areas you mention.

The techs' background graphic was also tweaked to make it easier to read.

The unique abilities panel was moved a bit down.

The remote exploration (telescope) icon jagged effect was resolved.

These changes will go in the next update.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi Adam, sounds great. Look forward to getting some more time in it over the weekend :)

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks looks much better now with those fixes. Only issue is on the colony screen there's still some jaggies (on the left side, arrow pointing to them.) And now I noticed the trees are moving around :) Red circles mark the spots that's happening.

colony.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. medway

medway Lieutenant

Btw is the research bar inactive now? I just see a little line there now above it.

research.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. medway

medway Lieutenant

Btw the research titles look a lot clearer now but can they be centered?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. medway

medway Lieutenant

Is there a reason why the rotation circle on the right is larger than the other? Initially I thought it had a different function but it just seems to rotate in the opposite direction of the left one.

corner.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Thank you for the feedback, medway. It is much appreciated! Keep it coming!

9. Gris

Gris Cadet

I would to add one to LT Medway's list, it is the spacing for the production slide (If this is the bug thread?). There is no space for "3 digit percent" and production number. They run on.

Fantastic work on this patch by all involved. Well done - Gris

Prod space.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. Adam Solo

Not sure what you mean here, could you please clarify?

11. medway

medway Lieutenant

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought that bar filled up to show progress for the current research project.

There's also that little verticle grey line that don't think was there before. That's where the red arrow is pointing.

12. Adam Solo

The bar that fills up can be seen right above where it says "Offworld Support". That's the research progress bar.

The little vertical line was already there. It serves as a small connector between the research info above and the current tech being researched.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  13. medway

medway Lieutenant

Ah ok course, should have realized that, guess I took too long of a break playing :)

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  14. Gris

Gris Cadet

When you hover over the Governor box with no Governor present, it shows the last governor you hovered over from a different planet. (The leader shown is the governor on SOL.)

-Gris

No Leader.jpg

15. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Cadet

The Zoom & Shoot feature needs a toggle imo. If the zoom part could also be sped up it'd be great but a toggle or some kind of skip option is really needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. medway

medway Lieutenant

I'd like it to be toggled too. I was having issues where it would zoom back to my ships that were a fair distance from the enemy (using missles) and I had to scroll the screen each time to get the target back into view (so I could select it).

The tab function is great though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks for the new changes. birds look much better now. They enhance the atmosphere instead of distracting like before.

18. Vovchigus

Vovchigus Cadet

@Adam Solo 1.1 looks great! But still missing the ability to filter colonizable planets that are not in the other race's sphere of influence (so can actually be colonized). Especially when planning colonization in mid/end game. "Filter by no rival" doesn't do its job in this case.

Please also add a spreadsheet summarizing all colonies info (like we have "Appoint Governor") screen to some main screen button as it is needed to plan empire development and colonies specialization.

The inability to jump to the event place is hurting (like auto resolved battle) - the only way now is to zoom out and search for the green circle when hoovering on event icon.

19. Adam Solo

This is a very good suggestion, I'll see what I can do.

This one is on the TODO and I'm positive it will be added at some point in an easier way than to go to the leaders screen and click on a colony leader assignment, which is the way to get that info for the time being.

I'm not sure what you mean with this one. Could you please clarify?

Thanks for your feedback!

20. Vovchigus

Vovchigus Cadet

@Adam Solo Bug report:
    If you appoint a leader on a planet when "Influence leader mission" is ready without influencing it then the game won't allow you to influence or end turn without influencing. So you stuck and need to load a save.

• Helpful Helpful x 1