1.1.1 Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ergie, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

Some feedback:
    1 Jean-Luc suggested this, but I can't find his post. I think as him that the shields representing static fleets are too small, I usually find me clicking the void... Would it be possible to make a little bigger?. One or to pixels on each side should be enough. I also would add that the star icons could be a little bigger. Its of course my oppinion.
    2 He also suggested to make to different icon shields for civilian and military ships, so it would be easier to select ships when you have lots. It would be a nice addition, so I support this
    3 I would like to see the fleet ETA, not clicking the ships, if possible as a tooltip when you pass over the line... as maybe the fleet is in the other side of the galaxy...
    4 Even with the improved colors in the systems, I have hard times deciding if I have an outpost or not. In MOO2, systems with colonies where represented as "Ergie", using a capital letter as first one, and systems with outposts were represented as "ergie", being then first letter lowercase. It's just an idea. SiS uses this method too. In ISG system names are always uppercase...
    5 A minor anoyance. When your fleets arrives a system, the fleet icon dissapears for a second while the turn it's processing, and after that appears in the destination system. Its purely aesthetical, but I felt I should say it.
    6 Sometimes, the stars in the background that pulse lightly, can be confused with real stars in the map.

I'm enjoying the game, it's really great.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

This here, super annoying. Highly agree.
    Excellent point.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the feedback!

Points 1 and 6 were added in a very small update to 1.1.1 that I've pushed just now to Steam.

Points 2 and 3 are good suggestions. I've added them to the big TODO list to be considered at some point in the future.

Point 5 is a minor annoyance, I agree. We may address this at some point but it must be done when the waters are quieter, and we have more time to test the fix as that area of the code is tricky.

Regarding point 4, I understand. However, consider that outposts in the system view are flagged with a little tent next to the system object. That signals that those are outposts in case of possible ambiguity. In the starmap, outpost labels are considerably smaller/thiner than colony ones, and don't have the same border, so I find it easy enough to distinguish outposts from colonies.

Excellent!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1