Rogue planet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kharn, May 1, 2020.

1. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

[game version 1.1.2 stable steam]

Hi, all rogue planets should have one negative impact of "Eternal Night" on the morale of the population. To compensate this, loners could have a much greater chance of having rich/ultra features and/or positive specials.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  2. Wanderer

Wanderer Ensign

Da bin ich bei Dir . Allerdings ist hier auch kein Pflanzenwachstum zu erwarten.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I understand both of you @Wanderer @Kharn what you say makes a lot of sense. You have a rogue planet, it isn't orbiting a star, conditions on the surface should reflect that.
    But I also understand that this game is about races tied to specific biomes, that means that rogue planets then have to fall into those parameters or you will require a separate sub-set for each biome class. For example you would have terran normal, terran rogue. I'm not sure that's worth it.
    For example, giving a morale penalty on one hand but a rich/ultra rich surface on the other, could lead you to where we are now but with extra work for this small dev team.
    A rogue planet can be influenced by things such as high geothermal activity to compensate the lack of a star. A space faring race could surely create colonies with artificial sunlight.
    What I'm trying to say is that unless rogue planets become a separate new biome, it may be best to leave them alone for the sake of game play.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 2
  4. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

I wouldn't be sure there are always fungi and subsurface flora and fauna. You know some people believed in Agartha and internal sun, so everything is possible ;).

As @Konstantine said, rouge biomes should have special geothermal activity, otherwise all loners should be barren and non-terraformable until an artificial sun is built there. I also understand the problem in implementation such of mechanism and it impact on game play. That was my thought, maybe for further state of development.

btw, the rogue planets are still an unproven theory in astrophysics, like black holes and dark matter, so terran biomes are also possible and this will not differ from proven facts :D.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  5. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I want you as my attorney next time I get in trouble:).

6. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

yeah, we will keep in touch. I will give you a special discount on legal services :D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wanderer

Wanderer Ensign

Hallo ihr Beiden.
    Das macht Spaß.
    ich verstehe das es so bleiben muss. Trotzdem fand ich den Gedanken gut. Auch wenn vieles unbewiesen ist, ist das der Punkt wo Religionen und Sience Fiktion ansetzen. Ich habe mal von einer Lebensform gelesen (SF Roman) wo sich über Elektrizität Biologische Lebensformen mit Kristallen verbunden haben. Die Idee mit der künstlichen Sonne finde ich cool. Nein ich bin nicht jemand der alles haben muss, wenn es für das Spiel besser ist dann trete ich gerne zurück, denn wir wollen ja alle auch beim Spielen ein wenig Freude haben.

• Agree Agree x 1