Titan Spinal Mount Special Ability Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timoteob, Sep 27, 2021.

1. timoteob

timoteob Ensign

So I was designing a titan class ship and in the special equipment section on the right there was a listing for spinal mount. I said something like "choose a kinetic weapon to mount". I could not see any where to choose the weapon. I installed regular kinetic weapons on the left as normal, but in combat I did not see any option to use the spinal mount feature. Could someone please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks!

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

When you equip a kinetic weapon in a Titan with the 'Spinal Mount Kinetic' Titan ability, you should see a special weapon modification on the weapons panel on the left named 'SpinalMount', as you can see in the image below:

titan_kinetic_spinal_mount.jpg

3. timoteob

timoteob Ensign

I didn't see that, thanks for the tip.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Dewbacca

Dewbacca Cadet

Playing the Draguul in a recent game it wouldn't let me use a beam weapon in the spinal mount.

Is that a setting specific to the Draguul or can be set when picking the spinal mount for a custom race?

5. timoteob

timoteob Ensign

My understanding is that the weapon has to be "kinetic" which is different that "beam" weapons, even though they work similar in tactical combat. In other words, there is a separate spinal mount special for beam and kinetic weapons.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  6. coyote720

coyote720 Cadet

Draguuls have spinal kinetic, not beam. Also, not all kinetic weapons can be mounted in a spinal kinetic mount (Doom Cannon I believe is an example of a such a weapon). Be sure to check the description when researching weapons.

I use either the Spinal Kinetic or the Spinal Beam Titan option for most of my custom races. (Command Carrier is good too.)

7. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

Several weapons can't be used in the Splnal Mount slot, it will tell you in the tech tree.

If you're going for an overpowered custom build, I think beam > kinetic since Spinal Mount = No Damage Dissipation, which only benefits beams.