Play Balancing thoughts for Developers and Players.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tirane, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Tirane

Tirane Cadet

I would like to praise the developers on a game that after several decades I can say is better than Master of Orion II!

That said I would like them to consider a "reality/old school" play mode that might offer more of a challenge for the old hands who can tolerate more bookkeeping.

1. Keep missiles fighters and bombers in combat even after the fleet or space station that launched them is gone.... Revenge is a dish best served cold.

2. Allow missiles to be depleted on a ship and reloads be found at space stations and support ships. This would be a very big game changer as my current strategy is to take BBs fast/MIRV missiles and a bomb rack and go for the heart colonies of the enemy . The support ships should not have an unlimited supply or you can develop a new cargo ship type that carries 12 generic missile reloads (or 12 fighters or 6 bombers).

3. Fighters and bombers lost would need to be replenished as above but would not be used up if they return making them now more attractive in some ways than missiles.

4. Damage would remain after battle with 10% of systems, structure and armor repaired the first two turns and the rest needing to be repaired at a Space Station. The 10% could be modified by the engineering capabilities of leaders with the fleet.

5. No auto replacement of the engines. It is a pain to have to refit the fleet but other updates can be made and the fleet travel at the speed of the slowest ship in the fleet.

6. Slavery? A way to trade those captured workers with your allies or neutrals on the free market (for use of a freighter similar to immigration. Off course add slave revolt (double the chance of revolt while actively trading.

Thanks for the venue and the last 4 requests would be for the main game:

1. A bigger map of course.
    2. A Synthetic robot race (would be hard to work in tech tree) that maybe has a lot of its own techs and not responding to Habitat Control changing with ideal being barren worlds and worse Acid/Swamp. Perhaps having their diplomacy skills very poor and population growth rate fast and research uncreative and very slow. Yet maybe they are excellent spies and infect data systems.
    3. A slower to hit curve for the beam and kinetic weapons with a slightly higher start but a lower slope and never reaching as high?
    4. A more aggressive AI that sends fleets deep into to your top production worlds instead of fighting over asteroids at the border/frontier. They may build outposts for the reach. I can practically ignore the enemy and follow this strategy and knock an opponent out fairly quickly. If I had to defend my prime worlds the all out offensive would not be so easy.

A big thanks to the developers.
    I can't figure out where your company is based from your website.
    Tirane

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, suggestions, and the kind words.

We're knee deep in work on our second expansion right now, but we'll certainly add your ideas to our big list of future ideas for potential inclusion in the future. I will forewarn that it's a very big list these days, so if, when, and how certain features and ideas get implemented is never a guarantee.

I hope you stick around and keep an eye out for news on our second expansion in the not too distant future. Thanks again!

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and the kind words, that really means a lot to us.

As aReclusiveMind has said, we've added your ideas to the big list of items to consider for potential inclusion in the future. It's a very big list by now but there's a chance some of your ideas may get into the game at some point. We'll see.

Praxis Games is based in Portugal.

Cheers,
    Adam

4. Björn

Björn Ensign

Hello Tirane, Hello Team,

I personally think that this a good feature to disable/enable at the universe creation. Tirane would enable it and others not. For me, it is convenient and I would disable it. I cannot remember.. how has MOO2 dealt with it?

The freighters concept are offering a lot of potential, for sure. But if you are playing a race with a democratic government, Slavery is not really an option. But I agree, that there is some potential in the freighters concept. Supporting other planets or friends maybe.

bye,
    Björn