Odd Galactic Council vote

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironsides, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Is there any occasion where a subject empire will vote for another empire rather then their overlord?

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

The subject empire should always vote for their overlord.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Thanks, on one occasion turn 308 in the first council vote this didn't happen, they voted for their allies (tryed again and same result), it was a few turns after a forced surrender in which the faction was furious as I bombed the cr*p out of them razing several worlds in the process...on all following votes it was as normal, the faction never broke away after the surrender treaty ran out even though their attitude never changed "Furious", though it might have had something to do with the Empires fleet strength...

Palaceans vote for allies not overlord turn308.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Interesting case. So, which empire was you in that picture? Who was your subject? And, who was he allied with? Thanks.

5. Ironsides

Ironsides Ensign

Humans(Nordheim) the last to vote, the subject was the Palaceans, this was a replay of the AAR I posted from around turn 280, before the original Palacean surrender: The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Edit: several events leading up turn 286 in the replay of these event happened differently eg Fear was captured rather then destroyed.

I was interested to see if the Palaceans would again surrender, they didn't but in the end Nordheim forced them to surrender in other words a demand from Nordheim rather then a Palacean request, this changed the dynamic quite a bit from the previous game and Palacean opinion never recovered from this... so they never became friendly, but at the same time never broke away, however by that time the Human fleet was built to be the the biggest in the Galaxy at least on paper.

One further note I think the save I used would originally have been from game version1.5.2 and the current version is 1.5.3

I didn't view this as a bad thing though and it could be a glitch bettween the versions I guess, but wasn't sure if there was a possibility built in that a subject wouldn't vote for their masters, so played this verison to its conclusion and never experienced any similar problems.

In the end this version of the game was quite different, the Moltar declared war against Nordheim who would themselves attack the Draguul as they really weren't interested in taking the bait, and the Cerrix Sentinals became Allies with Nordheim and the Nova which created some conflict of intererest. All of this though I viewed as a good thing...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023