No achievements (GOG 1.6)?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by SilasOfBorg, Dec 3, 2023.

1. SilasOfBorg

SilasOfBorg Ensign

Hi,

I recently re-installed ISG on my Linux system. Plays fine using Wine; no issues noticed in-game.

Played (and won) a game and noticed that I received 0 achievements during play, for a grand total of 0.

Anything you can think of that would make achievements fail to register? I know I'm playing in a not-quite-100%-supported environment, and it's not really a big deal, but it would be nice to have them working again (they worked fine using the GOG 1.5x on Windows).

Thanks!

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi,

Nothing should have changed regarding achievements, and on how they work, on GOG as in other platforms from 1.5.3 to 1.6. At least, from the game's application point of view.

If you didn't gain new achievements in your recent game, maybe you simply didn't achieve any, or achieved the same ones you already had and didn't unlock new ones? When you check your achievements in the game's main menu, can you see any unlocked achievements?

Playing on Linux is not officially supported, as you know. So, my support is limited here. However, you say you play on Linux using Wine, the GOG version. Do you mean, through GOG Galaxy or through GOG's offline installers? Or, do you simply copy the game's files over?

GOG achievements only work when the user has launched the GOG Galaxy client. The user doesn't need to be logged in (internet connection) to launch achievements, but it does require the GOG Galaxy client running. Could that be the issue?

Hope this helps.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. SilasOfBorg

SilasOfBorg Ensign

Well, that'd do it. I'll see what happens once I have the Galaxy client running in the same wine prefix -- I expect things will start working fine.

Thanks Adam! Mystery solved.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Excellent! I'm glad we could sort that out. Cheers.