R.I.P. Total Biscuit

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Konstantine, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Been wrapped up with quite a lot lately, so much so, that It escaped my notice that John passed away two weeks ago...

I'm saddened by this, not only because we lost a passionate critic and influencer in the industry, but because a young man, 20 years my junior, lost the fight against a disease I know too well.

At times like these we are reminded how short life can be and why it is truly important to live and not merely exist...

My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I was also saddened to hear that John Bain lost the fight to cancer, one war he was probably always destined to fight and lose as I read somewhere that some of his direct relatives also had the same thing. The fact that he was so young makes his passing even worse to accept.

Having lost my father to cancer, at a relatively premature time (he was 54) for a type of cancer that had no cure, I know and lived this disease very closely and it really is a tragedy with aweful implications for the future of the whole family.

As you say, it's at times like these that we are reminded of how brief our lives are and that there's really no point in making life more difficult for ourselves and others than what it already is. We should do more to recognize how fleeting this all thing is and stand together to make this the best experience we can possibly can, for all.

My condolences to his family and closest friends. May he rest in peace, and may his life inspire others to fight the good fight and to get rid of this dreadful, and in many cases hopeless disease once and for all. At the very least, all of us deserve to be hopeful that there's at least a chance we can make it and live to see our grandchildren or the projects we want to accomplish. Unfortunately, for John and so many other friends and loved ones of ours, there are still fights we just cannot win.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Vivisector 9999

Vivisector 9999 Moderator Ensign

Rest in peace, TotalBiscuit.

4. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

So young, a big lost. Go in peace.

5. Edward the Hun

Edward the Hun Moderator Lieutenant

A sad moment, and a lose for so many especially his friends, family, and loved ones.

The battle he led against this illness was a long and difficult one, one that many don't make it through and it has taken yet another in its name. He will be missed by many and won't be easily forgotten.

He was one of the video game commenters I cited the most. Didn't always agree with him but even in disagreement I would still use his arguments as counter-points to my own.

Farewell John Bain aka TotalBiscuit.