I do not see the SSP cost for a titan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vmxa, Dec 3, 2018.

1. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Probably I am not looking in the proper location. I would expect it to be listed in the ships design and tech tree. I just wanted to adjust my levels to not over run. I went with it being about 10. Soon to find out.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Titans cost 5 SSP. The ship construction tooltip has this information. However, we could add the SSP cost to the Titan Construction tech as well.

3. vmxa

vmxa Commander

By construction tool tip, you mean as I mouse over items to construct? If so that is not available until I have the tech and a design. 5 seems quite low. It cost about twice the price of a battleship to build. Maybe only needs a design, not sure.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Correct, the tooltip when you mouse over an item to construct. The SSP information is only available when you have the Titan Construction tech and a Titan design available for construction.

Then you see this (we'll put that information the Titan Construction tech as well):

As for 5 SSP being too few, could be. We can revise that later if we think it should be higher than that.

Titan_SSP.jpg

5. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Hmm, 5SSP
    6 Would be more fitting for those monstrosities.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Yeah it will be nice to know the cost, before you even get the tech. So having it in the tree will be great.

7. vmxa

vmxa Commander

Something more than 5, anywhere from 6 to 8. I lean towards 8.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I think I'd personally choose 2 battleships over 1 titan for the same cost. 2 ships is much more versatile than 1. I would keep the SSP cost less than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. vmxa

vmxa Commander

I have seen and had titans one shot battleships, but they do not one shot players titans. Versatile is good, till you get in a big battle. AI titans are good on offense, but seem to lack defense. At least so far. In any event as long as it is only one more point, I will take a titan, once I get the tech.

10. DiscoJer

DiscoJer Cadet

I would go with 7 points.