Humans DOW and many turns later I get a msg that I made contact with Humans?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vmxa, Nov 29, 2018.

1. vmxa

vmxa Commander

As I post this I see alpha is coming. Anyway not sure, if this an issue or not. As stated in title, I hit a wormhole and ran into a Human frigate. Killed it. Humans DOW (declaration of war).

A bunch of turns later I got the icon that contact was made with Humans? Did I not have contact during the time the declared on me? There has been talk of peace. Is it not contact to have ship meet?

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Ships meeting does not cause Contact in the formal sense, of diplomacy beginning. Formal contact between races is only established when your ships can reach a system inside another empire's sphere of influence, or they can reach you. In other words, formal contact is established when you can travel to one system that is under control by another player.

By going through the wormhole you met the humans, but you were not inside their territory, so no formal contact was established. War was declared though, but they can be seen as "Pirates", some rogue or unknown faction at the time, if you will. Some turns later you made formal contact with them.

We're not sure what to do with this kind of situations yet. We already had an issue open to deal with this. Thanks for reporting this in any case.

3. vmxa

vmxa Commander

I see what you are saying and it could make sense. Though I suspect most will be scratching their head. It is not an issue, just wanted to get clarification.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

Just remember that having your gun ports open is not always properly interpreted as a sign of respect....

• Funny Funny x 4