A very minor question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ergie, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

This is just a suggestion, you can see It as a personal preference maybe.
    Would It be possible to change the parked fleet icon? Honestly I dont like the small shield. Normally I cant even notice if I have fleets in orbit of a system at a glance. The moving fleets icon is much better in my opinion. What do you think?
    Thanks and keep up the good work.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

Hi Ergie. Remember that the shield helps to differentiate a fleet that is in orbit, normally in defensive mode of the ones who are in transit. We think it would be a bit confusing having similar icons representing different fleet states. Nevertheless and having this in mind, feel free to propose an alternative format for the parked icon. We are all ears ! :). Thanks !

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

Propose something... :) Well, that's difficult for me as I'm a very bad graphist. In any case I've tried to make a set of moving and parked fleet icons, so you can get the idea. The bad thing is that you should know which direction in 8 possible directions is the fleet moving and put the right icon.
    A slighty different icon in each direction, with the engines exhaust and the route line drawed as its now could make the trick. And for the parked icon, the center one, maybe with a small shield somewhere... Dunno hehe.

In MOO the parked fleet icons and the moving ones, didnt have a different icon, and as far I can remember. But my memory is short.

Anyway, its just a very very minor suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Test.png

PS: And sorry for my english...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I don't see how you can tell the ship is parked in the image you've provided. It is possible to have ships parked in a system and leaving, potentially in multiple directions, all at the same time. The lack of a thruster is too minute an indicator to tell the difference.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

The thuster + waypoint line shows where the ship(s) is going.
    The shield indicates parked fleet

Well, this is the idea, very badly done, here we have 2 fleets leaving and one parked. The other is moving for at least the last turn

test2.png

When two fleets depart in the same turn, except in the right you have different icons. If they depart in the same direction, a click cycle would solve which one you want.
    In the right side ( or whatever is chosen to show parked icon) we could have a convention, in this example, fleets moving right use the top right icon for the first turn.
    Ps Darn, its difficult to write in a spanish phone with the language corrector on. :)
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Thanks, Ergie. I understand what you are aiming for now.

• Helpful Helpful x 1