I keep forgetting to mention the usefulness of the new icons for planets.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vmxa, Dec 16, 2018.

1. vmxa

vmxa Commander

A number of improvements in the alpha, big thumbs up gents. It was a bit easier in the past, if you used Humans, to find a planet of your type, but still had to check it for hab. Now a glance tells me, if I want to look at any of the planets.

When I got the email about the game and testing it, I figured I had seen and heard this one. One of the many was a very dedicated Moo1 fan and made a nice run, but alas now gone missing. Most never got off the ground, so I was a skeptic.

Now I am a believer and PA11 made the game a fun game. It had many good points, before but still very pre alpha.
    PA11 actually made me want to stay up and play, just what I want (but of course dread). It is a huge task for a small
    org, but is going very well afar as I can see.

The big challenge is to get the word out. I think that is where steam can be large help, I hope. I was going to say thanks, but then I remember it is stealing time from PoE, just kidding.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 3
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks @vmxa for being with us since day 1 and for all your feedback on the pre-alpha, on a time where the game was really ugly and incomplete. The game is now fun because of people like you that have been putting the hours to help make it better.

The fact that the Alpha made you want to stay up and play is the best praise the game could have at this point, and we're hearing that from others as well, which is very encouraging. With so much left to do we can all be hopeful and proud of what we have here and the game can only become better as time goes by. It will be some very busy months ahead till our release on Q2 2019.

So, a BIG thank you to you, all the VIPs and everyone who pre-ordered, played and provided feedback. You will always be part of this project as VIPs, all of you, and we will make sure to reward you as much as we can in the hopefully long and properous life of Praxis Games. If things turn out very well for ISG, we'll be able to hire some more hands and we can then start thinking in our next game at the same time as the Interstellar Space game series continues to evolve. Remember that we have 2 planned expansions and DLC in the pipeline.

As for getting the word out, we count with you to help spread the word. I ask everyone who believes in this project to help get the word out.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ashbery76

Ashbery76 Ensign

I would like to see starbase icons on the map along with the planet defence numbers.To lessen the micro of having to look in each system

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

There's a lot of information in the map already but we'll see what we can do.

Remember that each planet in a system has its own ground defense value. At most it had to be either the maximum one to be shown, or an aggregate. As for starbases, some planets in a given system may have one while others don't. So, it's more of a system-level information. Also, a system maybe inhabited by different races, so this sort of information is really bound to system level.

5. Ashbery76

Ashbery76 Ensign

Something that SIS did that was pretty good was having different colours for the dots you have on the galaxy screen.Blue could be colonized.Green could be colonizable.Asteroids could be another colour,etc.Just makes it quicker on the glance.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Adam Solo

I think we're showing different colors for the dots. It may have a different color coding than what you suggest. I'll check that out. Thanks!