Playing Against Terrans

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Joe3, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

I wanted to report 2 problems but suddenly I have only one. I think.
    Using Version A2a.

Problem 1) Set up the game to play as human against Draguul. All went well until I encountered the AI somewhere around turn 130 to 140, don't remember the date. Found I was playing against the Terrans (humans/myself!). After recovering from shock, decided to keep playing and see what happened.
    Problem 2) At turn 147 or 148 the game first locked up, then on 3rd reload, it came up but without any planet names or ship icons, or anything except influence circles. That happened two or three times when I tried to reload. Quit the game at that point and decided to wait until today to report it. Today the game loads normally and everything is as it should be.

This is the second time (using Version A2a) that I found myself playing against an opponent I didn't select. The first time it happened in the very first game I played with A2a. I let that go because I was able to win anyway and because I thought it was my computer (or more likely my error) that caused the problem. This time I know it was not my error, but I still don't know if it's my computer. Given that everything seems to be "normal" at the moment, I don't know what to send, but if you'll tell me what you need, I'll try to comply.

Re: the 2 attached files, I hope they're not duplicates. One should be from before I opened the game this morning, and the other is, I hope, after I opened the game.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I don't see any issue in the logs.

Playing with 2a is not recommended at this stage. Soon we'll release Alpha 2c, and I advise everyone to delete all their custom races and start new games with Alpha 2c.

Alpha 2a and Alpha 2b had some major bugs, and what you report could be the result of those, so it's better to go clean and jump into Alpha 2c as soon as possible. We should be releasing Alpha 2c between today and tomorrow.

In any case, as soon as you detect an anomaly (a freeze, strange game behavior (e.g. playing with the wrong race, etc), please grab the output_log.txt immediately (don't relaunch the game as that will clean the log!), as that will give us direct insight into went wrong.

Thanks!

3. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

Hello Adam. I apologize, I am playing A2b. Don't know what I was thinking when I said A2a. Sorry about that. I hate to bother you guys, especially with something like this. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

No problem! Sorry about the major bugs in Alpha 2b. The Alpha 2c experience should be much smoother, thanks to everyone's inputs. Keep those reports, and logs, coming :)

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1