Leaders show up too frequently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vmxa, Jul 18, 2019.

1. vmxa

vmxa Commander

I am sure we had some talks about this, but it seems like leaders arrive every time I turn around. I guess I played repulsive too often as I would not see many in a game.

It is sort of nice, but they are like the ice cream truck in a poor neighborhood. Seemed good, till the folks say they have no money.

I have to take the time to evaluate the new leader and compare it to what else is on offer and how much I can spend.
    This whole process makes them less special, more like a unique item drop in Diablo or PoE, nothing here to see. Already had one, vendor it.

If they came along about 1/4 as frequently, then it would be important and interesting. Just wondering how others see it.

2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I like having a wide variety of leaders to choose from. Even if I don't need to hire all of them, I prefer to have enough of them show up that I have some choice in what skill set I am able to hire.

I am happy with the current pace of their availability.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

It's variable, and being repulsive or not doesn't matter all that much.

I've had games where they were very frequent, and I agree, it didn't feel that special to have 8 leaders on the payroll after I turned down 4. But I've played games where I was lucky to have just 2

A lot of it will hinge on the number of players, I always play 6 or 7. Under those parameters, it is well balanced.

4. Wanderer

Wanderer Ensign

Liebe Diskussionsteilnehmer !
    Ich mag die Führungskräfte, im frühen Spiel stelle ich auch gerne nicht so begabte Persönlichkeiten ein. Sie wachsen einem um so mehr an das Herz wenn man sie selber entwickelt. Aber sollte ein Charakter nur negative Eigenschaften im frühen Spiel anhäufen habe ich auch keine Skrupel Ihn wieder zu entlassen.
    In diesem zu Zusammenhang fällt mir noch etwas ein, Persönlichkeiten degenerieren doch in der Akademie . Das ist eine ziemlich coole Sache , um zu verhindern , das jemand den Markt leer kauft ohne die Persönlichkeiten wirklich zu brauchen. Aber könnte das nicht auch missbraucht werden ? Beispiel : Ich kaufe weil ich es mir leisten kann drei Persönlichkeiten. Dann setze ich sie nicht ein und warte bis sie in jeder Hinsicht schlechte Werte haben . Dann entlasse ich sie wieder . Sind sie sind dann für meine Gegner wertlos? Was wäre wenn Sie dann billiger zu haben wären und langsam wieder auf null gebracht werden könnten und dabei einige negative Eigenschaften wieder verlieren würden?

5. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

That is an interesting observation. I've had to dismiss leaders in the past when their opinion became too negative. Eventually, some of those leaders re-appeared asking me to hire them, and their opinion was still negative. I am not certain if that negative opinion was just for me or all races. If this was combined then with negative traits, such as greedy or envious, I could see where it may be possible to "sabotage: leaders.

However, I do not think it could be exploited on a consistent basis, there is too much randomness involved.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DiscoJer

DiscoJer Cadet

I think they are so important, it's better to have as many possible be available. It gives you a reach to save up cash early on as well (since in this game, hurrying production is often counterproductive due to the morale penalty)

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 2
  7. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

This is often true, but when playing as the Kaek, or with the Obsessed Builders ability, the game is changed. I use it quite a bit playing as them.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1