Just some quick thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by George Schelz, Jul 22, 2019.

1. George Schelz

George Schelz Cadet

1. Would appreciate notification of ships w/o orders when Turn button pressed.
    2. Why are Kaek "pleased" with me just after declaring war and attacking me?
    3. Info on Monsters' strength and weaknesses / properties should be available.
    4. Ships are chosen individually by default, not the whole fleet. How often have I sent Support ships out to nowhere?

Thanks for a great game. g

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Hey George, welcome to the forum!

I understand the desire for this, but there would have to be some type of "sleep" command to go along with it. I frequently leave ships in place for extended periods of time and would not want to respond to a notification at the end of every turn.

What are the modifiers listed in the diplomacy screen when you hover over them? It sounds like you have a positive relationship yet somehow they declared war on you. As far as I know, that should not happen. If you have a save from before that turn it would be beneficial in trying to figure out how it occurred.

If you use your "scan" ability in tactical combat to scan the monster, you can see its weapon loadout and defenses. Is that what you are referring to?

There was a similar request received recently that also supports this change. I think the default behavior may be changed so the entire fleet is not selected when the starmap icon is clicked. I believe the point made was that there is after all an "All Ships" button, so there is no need for all of them to be selected by default.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. DiscoJer

DiscoJer Cadet

In my current game I have dozens of ships. That notification would drive me crazy.

The AI does seem to have some glitches. Like in the current game, I was at war with the Sulak. They once angrily demanded to know why one of my ships was in one of their systems. (Er, we're at war?)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Agreed

Also happened to me, got a good laugh with that one.

5. medway

medway Lieutenant

+1 on #4. I have gotten better at this but in the heat of the moment or late at night I still sometimes send a whole fleet out by mistake.

• Helpful Helpful x 2