1.0.3 notes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wodzu, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

Hi,

Here is what I have so far:

1. Lynx is too strong. So A.I. got ship Lynx by some random event or ruin searching. A.I. attacked me with it in turn 120. The problem is that Lynx has level X shields.
    It is really hard to kill that ship at such early stage because there is no weapons that are able to bring these shields down. If A.I. would be smarted it could easily wipe out my whole fleet with that one ship. If would suggest to reduce shield level or adjust shield level to the time of obtaining ship.

2. A.I. (and players) should not be able to kill civilian ships (for example a survey ship) that are stationing in a system which has Star Base. A.I. should firstly engage a combat with Star Base.
    It is logical that civilian ships will orbit near structures that are able to protect them.

3. A.I. is crazy, not in a good way ;-). I really like that A.I. is much more aggressive, that is great but:
    Kaek declared war on me, then we made peace. Then Keak offered me 45BC just to attack me in next turn or second turn after that. Such erratic behavior shouldn't take place.

4. War / Peace declaration: if war is declared it shouldn't be possible to declare peace right after that. There should be a 10 - 20 turn delay before you can do it. The same goes for peace.
    If peace was agreed, A.I. / Player must wait 10 - 20 turns before declaring war again.

Cheers:)

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

You can take that ship down by 120 my friend, yes the class X shields are a bitch, but it's an FF in the end...
    Still, I understand that it is a hard ship to face early on, perhaps just dropping the shields to Class VII would work well enough?

3. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

I haven't said it can't be taken down. What I've meant it is frustrating to fight against it at that stage. Shields have 50 points, you need a combined effort of your entire fleet to take down one Frigate, I think that it is a bit too much.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Wodzu, let's go.

I like the challenge if offers, the variaty and the power it can give you early on, if you're the one to find it. So, maybe you have a great ship. Well, you did invest in ruins exploration and you were lucky, or maybe you hired an explorer leader or brought a survey ship. All those things were intentional and you didn't do other things. Maybe it can make the early game easier from a war point of view, but with time Lynx will become obsolete fast, so maybe it isn't a big problem in the mid and late game. Level X may be too much for an early found ship though. I took note of this and I'll give it some thought.

Tricky this one. A civilian ship doesn't have the same capabilities as a warship. However, I see your point and I'll give this some thought.

A lot to unpack in this. What difficulty was this? So, they bribed you to make you soft and then attacked you two turns later. I guess you can't trust the hive mind :) I see your point, but I suppose we'll need to see more consistent behavior in the AI to justify changing it just because of this event, wouldn't you agree. Of course, if you detect consistent bizarre behavior please let me know.

When you sign a peace treaty you cannot declare war to that race in 10 turns. As for peace not being able to be declared after a war declaration. Well, ambassadors will leave for 4-8 turns or so after the war declaration event depending on the race in question when you are the declarer, so you can't make peace right away. Sure, you probably can in 4 or 5 turns, but not immediately. However, if you are declared war to, I suppose you can request for peace starting the next turn... is this the issue?

Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

Hi Adam, thank you for taking time to address my notes :)

I am all for unique ships, these are great. At turn 120 fighting Lynx was challenging, it wasn't impossible to beat it but it was very hard. My shields were level III at best and I've had neutron beams. I've had couple of destroyers, Lynx was able to handle all of them ;)

You are saying that Lynx will become obsolete fast, I am not so sure about that. You see.. I was able to capture it... and now it is turn 220 and I am still using it and it is still kicking ass of other, larger ships! :) I am playing at impossible level by the way :) In terms of shields it will never get obsolete because it has the best possible shields in the game:)

Moreover, this small frigate was able to take down my battle station around turn 200. Battle station had shields level IV, tritanium armor, phasors, polaris missiles and wurtzite cannons. Wurtzite cannon never hit it, even in point blank range. Polaris missiles never hit it, they disappeared at contact with this ship (I don't know if this is a bug or by design?). This frigate also raided my battle station :D

Imagine now that someone gets Lynx at 40th turn, it is not impossible to get it at this time right? At 40th this ship will be unstoppable.

Let me suggest an idea how to make it more balanced? Maybe shield level could scale and be set up when a player discovers it? Two sub ideas:

1. Set shield level to 3 levels higher than highest currently researched shield level by any race. So for example if highest level is III, then Lynx would have shield level VI.
    2. Set shied level depending on turn of discovery. For example if turn < 40 shield level IV, if turn >=40 < 60 shield level V, if turn >=60 < 80 shield level VI and so on ;)

I know that this is a small issue and you are probably busy with other things, I am just giving ideas.

Of course, they don't but they have one things in common: they have drive which allows them to move. It is not hard to imagine that these ships would move close to a star base and synchronize their orbit with start base to be protected. In MOO2 you had to attack star base to be able to destroy civilian ships.

It was on impossible difficulty. The way you are interpreting this makes A.I. really smart. Indeed I thought that after giving me some cash they will be nice to me ;)

The thing is I could swear that events happened in very short time span, below 10 turns between peace and war, but I have no proof on that so I will need to look more closely next time.

UPDATE

Turn 230, My Lynx with Elite crew beats two Sulak's cruisers armored with shield level V, 6 phasors, nuclear missiles and 3 gravition flux if I remember correctly.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

Lynx diary..;) turn 237

Lynx beats Human Battleship: Shields V, Armor 160, Structure 480, Systems 291, 6 Phasor, 5 Polaris, 2 Nuclear, Attack 152% Defense 85%
    Rounds 52, not a single scrach on Lynx ;)

7. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Seems like an issue with how the AI is designing their ships to me. They need to focus fire that ship and bring the proper weapons and ship attack to handle it. If they can hit it, they destroy it pretty quickly due to how armor / structure scale. They should be using shield piercing weapons. Phasors with the right mods should help.

I suspect by now crew experience on your Lynx is very high level giving it a lot of ship defense. The AI needs to react to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I'm playing impossible/emperor now and I just faced the Lynx on turn 47... it didn't go well.

• Funny Funny x 1