PA11, some thoughts and adjustments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konstantine, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Wodzu

Wodzu Lieutenant

Yes, it is expensive even for my wealthy civilization ;) I am very happy that you've added this feature to the game! :)
    Also, I spending plenty of cash for crazy leaders that want to leave me every 10 turns ;)

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

See, there's plenty of places where to spend your cash ;)

3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Just to let you both know, most of the time, cash is bountiful as Wodzu states, however, I've seen a couple of situations so far where I was in danger of going into the red, this was mid-game. Once you put out enough buildings, spread some raises around... you better keep a trade treaty or two intact. You're not always guaranteed of a planet special generating extra income, or leaders either.
    Lot's of money is probable, but not definite...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

For me, I only start building cash reserves later in the game. In fact, I nearly go bankrupt early on. I adjust my economy using cash for research and culture generation frequently. If you have too much money, you may not be leveraging allocating those tax dollars around enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Konstantine

Though I don't min max my sliders as you do, (i tend to set long term percentages), and I don't micro my cash/research settings, I too am hurting for cash early on, it is much later in the game where large reserves start building up, trade treaties are a huge part of that build up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Konstantine

Ok, so this isn't so much a bug... but man it's annoying me.
    Every time I either colonize a planet or create an outpost... the minute I exit system view, the galaxy map auto-pans to center on that system.
    For me, who likes to see the whole galaxy at all times, this is annoying as I have to manually re-center the map.
    So how about keeping me in mind for Christmas and taking care of this at some point?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Edward the Hun

Edward the Hun Moderator Lieutenant

Perhaps making it a camera setting?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Adam Solo

We'll look into that. I agree that the camera should be kept centered on where you were and not about what happened in the system view due to some action. Let's see if we make it for Christmas :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Konstantine

Thanks Adam, might I impose on you to look at a balance issue when you have the chance?
    As you can see by the screenshot below, my colony leader at Terra requested a defense fleet on turn 55... the problem is that he requested a fleet of 19 DDs or equivalent firepower... I don't know of anyone that could possibly fulfill that request this early in the game, unless of course, they get lucky and find some ships very fast.

r.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. Adam Solo

I'll have a look at that. 19 DDs seems excessive, even if they are very light DDs. I'm sure a new generation destroyer could reduce the requirements to half of that, but still it's a lot of ships so early.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Konstantine

I have a new generation DD which was created right about the same time as the request. With 80% of my production allocated to shipbuilding, it takes 8 turns to complete one. I could go 100%, and perhaps even send a support ship to Terra, but I estimate that would give me 6-7 DDs, (which would be a problem SSP wise), before the request ends.
    If a different player hadn't researched some military tech early, as I tend to do, (I met two AIs early and they have me cut off from the rest of the galaxy), they would stand little chance of fulfilling this request. As you say my friend, it's a lot of ships this early.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. aReclusiveMind

I will echo what Konstantine said. I've been asked on turn 50 to provide 11DD worth of defense.

In my case I ignored it and thankfully had been researching the Cultural Capital. This gave that leader an additional desire to have that built. Since that was easier to achieve and gave +20 opinion gain, I ignored the defense request and accepted the -10 opinion penalty.

I don't know, perhaps 11DD is reasonable why 19DD is not? Since I don't tend to build ships early 11DD was not doable for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Konstantine

I do build early more often than not... but that early in the game, even a Frigate is quite an undertaking.
    Let's consider it also from an SSP standpoint. Do you think I had 38 free SSP available at turn 55?

14. aReclusiveMind

I can see in your screenshot that you appear to have somewhere between 10 and 20 total. I had 8 SSP total to use by turn 50. In that light I agree that even 11DD defense request is far too much that early on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

I've seen a similar issue. Pretty early game and they were asking for 44frigates and a DD or some such..

16. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

Scratch that. Mid-game, but 29 Destroyers and one FF frigate. SS attached. Screenshot (7).png Screenshot (7).png

• Helpful Helpful x 2