1.1 unstable - Cooling off repairs station weapons.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Jean-Luc, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Cadet

1. I overload my starbase weapons and fire building up some heat.

2. Later my station's weapons go offline due to internal system damage.

3. I use cool-off and once the disable expires my weapons are back online.

The only way to "repair" weapons this way is to overload a system so you could use cool-off. Only noticed on a starbase so far but maybe it works for ships too. You can test this via the save I provided in another bug report.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I could not reproduce this one. I used the starbase save, I use overload, then I get weapons offline due to internal damage, use cool off, two turns pass but the weapons don't go online.

Could you check in your side to see if you can get this behavior again? Thanks.

3. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Cadet

The weapons are all offline as indicated by the combat log and UI. There's some heat from a previous overload.
    20200404164659_1.jpg

I've hit cool-off. Weapons are all back online even though internal systems took more dmg and are at 0 hp now. Cool-off disable is still in effect.
    20200404164814_1.jpg

Cool-off disable has worn off and I can fire again. After I disabled all ships with the Ion Cannons most ships retreated but one destroyer stayed and wouldn't leave. The battle could only be ended via auto resolve.
    20200404164835_1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  4. Adam Solo

So, it's when the Starbase has Ion Cannons that we get this behavior. I could replicate this with the Ion Cannons but not with the Neutron Beams. Thanks for the pics.

5. Adam Solo

This is now fixed. Thanks Jean-Luc!