AAR of the Mighty Ghar Empire [Alpha 1a]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Culthrasa, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

Hey all,

I'd tought i'd make an AAR for my second game, just for the lolz :)

My (custom) race is that of the Mighty Ghar... the Fearless Fanatical Fourlegged Fiends out to conquer the entire galaxy through sheer numerical supremacy! The Ghar are centrally let by an omnipotent dictator named Karmin White (yeh forgot to change his name :/)..

This AAR is on Hardcore, a large galaxy and six players.

My custom race setup:
    [​IMG]
    Game start:
    [​IMG]

With the advent of Nuclear Drive the Ghar took to the stars! After scouting nearby systems our scouts reported they found a number of worlds (some with oceans... yuk.. who wants to get wet?!) But also one almost overlooked planet which could hold some of our brave warriors... I'd say some...Not a lot... According to the Galactic Prospecting Manual (tm) it was classified as "tiny". Still our fearless leader ordered our Colony ship to settle there in the hope of finding better homes in the far and wide galaxy that lay before us...
    Our telescope wheenies (who wants to stay at home and only gaze at the stars when you could walk on them!) did find a spectacular anomaly in the meantime.. A rogue planet! A Large and Ultra Rich Swampy planet according to the GPM... Quickly Dictator White ordered the necessary research into suitable habitats among those swampy gasses.

A few galactic cycles later the unthinkable happened... We met our brethren! They call themselves the Moltar and our historians believe them to be a group of Ghar who long ago left our planet in sub-light vessals, never to be seen again.... They had settled in a system they call Leeku only nine parsecs from us. Thirtytwo galactic cycles after we took to stars our carthografers reported the state of the galaxy to Dictator White.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

After researching the necessary habitats for the rogue planet a colony ship, which was provided in a patriotic way by the citizens of Ghar in a show of loyalty to our beloved dictator, set out to claim the rogue planet as our own... After arriving though it seemed that the loadout of the colony ship was only suitable for our own type of habitat... The shipyard manitactorer was summoned to present himself before our judicial council. He never made though.. News of his failing reached the citizens of Ghar within no time and he was promptly linched by an angry mob. Luckily our scout vessels found another lava world where that colony ship was dispatched to.

While our omnipotent dictator ordered a new colony ship be build news reached him of an other strange breed... with only two legs and fur everywhere, even in their face... yuk! They called themselves humans and their system Sol. The diplomatic introduction was quite short and they where quickly ignored.

By the 75th galactic cycle our carthografers reported on the state of the galaxy again. Not only had we found those repulsive humans and our wayward brethren, we also uncovered rare deposits of Helium-3 and Neutronium, colonized two more worlds in the name of our dictator and were delighted to report that our homesystem had achieved over 1000 productions according to the metrics set out in the Galactic Prospecting Manual! Our scientists where also able to expand both our vision into the universe and the range on our ships. They also promised a lot of new technology being ready for our warships soon including Multi-layered Shields, Tungsten Armor and experimental Neutron Beams.. although they felt it should kill living organisms on enemy vessels they could not make that work quite yet :)

[​IMG]

to be continued... (and sorry for possible grammar mistakes... english is not my native language)

3. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

While administrating the mighty Ghar empire, a smuggler was brought forth into the Hall of Benevolance.. Dictator White shot an angry stare at his underlings... " How did this smuggler gain an audience?!" he asked angrily... A cowed administrator stood up and urged him to listen to the proprosal the smuggler brought....

"While your warships are among the most feared in the galaxy oh beloved dictator, i have with me a secret that will make them invincible!" he stated boldly. "I bring you a metal so strong nothing can penetrate it" laying before him a slap of shining almost white metal. "I challenge you good sire to find a weapon that will pierce this metal". Dictator White smiled maliciously...."Okey.. you hold up that slap before your chest and i'll fire this neutron rifle at it. If you live you will be compenstated... if not..." He let his words trail off. The smuggler grinned..."I have faith". With the crack of splitting air Karmin shot straight at the smuggler, and to his amazement the metal seemed untouched... "Well... ain't that something" he said in astonishment... "Refit the entire fleet immediately and give this man his due!" He ordered...

After the smuggler was taken away the chief scientist entered the Hall. "Oh benevolant Dictator, as you know we worked closely with our military to increase the defense of our planets. Now i can proudly say we have achieved our goal. With these plans for a fully flegded Battle Station our worlds will be save from all the riffraff of the galaxy!. Also, on a more adminitrative note, here is the 101st galaxy cycle report"

[​IMG]

To be continued...

4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Very enjoyable @Culthrasa and your English is just fine! I'm sure you'll conquer the galaxy swiftly, looking at your numbers, it's rare that the AI can match your production, it does happen at times, but not consistently (yet).
    Count me subscribed, looking forward to your march to victory!

5. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

WAR!... OUR BRETHREN BETRAYED US! TO ARMS!

Sirens go off across the Ghar Worlds... The Moltar attacked one of our Mining outposts!

Seizing up the situation the captain aboard the Battleship Adamantium defending the outpost looks at the tactical screen... "Two destroyers?! they dare attack us with TWO destroyers?! Scan them!" As the results of the scan come back the Captain rubs his talons together..."This is gonna be easy! Nuclear Missiles and armor the width of paper! Blast them out of the sky! And make sure they don't scratch the paintjob!" he orders...But before the guns can be brought to bear, the cowards flee.... Watching the ion trails disappear the Captain chuckles..."They can run.. but they cannot escape our Wrath for this unprovoked attack..."

[​IMG]

A few hours later back on the Homeworld while Dictator White is reading the report from the Captain, he is interrupted by an administrator... "Sir, here is the 151st Galactic cycle overview"

[​IMG]

"As you can see Sir"
    he continues, "We met the Klackon a while back, but they pose no threat to us, backwards and far away as they are. We made significant technological breakthroughs as you can read in section 3. And out Shipyards have been building Outpost Ships and freighters non stop. We are beginning to reap the rewards from all the astroid belts in our empire. Both shipyards are expected to cross the 2000 production mark within a few cycles."

"What shall be our response to the Molkar attack sir?"
    He asks..."Enslavement....we will bring them back into our empire in their right place. This will not be tolerated... They will be an example to the other races of what happens when someone attacks US!" White says while he bangs his fist on his desk. "An example.... of things to come...."

To be continued...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  6. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

Galactic Cycle 161 will forever be remembered by the citizens of the Ghar Empire as a blessed day.... With the help of new surveying and extraction techniques both our worlds in the Proclash system where found to be extraordinairely rich..even beyond the riches we already knew and the prime reason to construct a large shipyards there... They are now cataloged as "ultra rich"... The already vast caverns of Proclash II in which our citizens live are true treasure hoards!

[​IMG]

Once these materials are properly cataloged and exploitation has begon a new type of Battleship, the Dreadnought Class shall be constructed here. These will be used to strike into the very heart of Molkar territory! Nothing can stop the Ghar!

to be continued...

7. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

Colony Leader Sierra Thol'as, daily log entry Galactic cycle 202:

"For about 40 cycles now our benevolant leader has been obsessed with making my planetary system the jewel of our empire... I've been given all the possible resources available in our great empire.. Daily massive freighter fleets arrive from distant astroid belts bringing supplies and raw materials... I feel like i've reached the peak now. Proclach II, more commonly known as Shipyard II has seen massive increases in build potential. Recently Dictator White ordered the design of the biggest ship yet.. perhaps the biggest in the galaxy... A titan class vessel with over 2400 armor rating, 800 structure rating and equipped with 23 long range Phasors. I am confident my shipyards can build these monstress vessels in a single cycle, with room to spare for the construction of all our current battleship fleet beside it.... According to the bean counters we have achieved over 100.000 production rating according to the Galactic Prospecting Manual's metrics... Only a hundred cycles ago I was pleased with 1% of that! And that was the biggest Shipyard in the entire galaxy back then.... I didn't believe it, don't even now.. even with these charts before me..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The other races must know this right?... They don't stand a chance... And now those pesky Klackons declared war on us... WHY!?! A titan class star ship per turn... Our empire can't even build colonies and battle stations quickly enough to keep up with the logistical demand of these behemoth vessels.... "

Conclusion notes
    While I didn't conquer any enemy star system (could have ages ago) I decided to see how far I could take it... This is the end result.. Over 100.000 ship production, 44.000 raw production. And it will only spiral out of control more.. I just lost an astroid to the Klackon (forgot to post a battleship there) so thats lost production and the colony leader will keep leveling up too. Were i to conquer both the Moltar and the Humans I would add even more production to it..

While this was an extreme edge case, a planet with 40 pop max, a second planet in the system which is also a very good one it did highlight the extremes of both production and empire size growth.. That system alone is responsible for covering the entire galaxy with my empire and the insane production. Production that is easily translated into insane amounts of Science.. Basically i'm done with the tech tree.. It is just backfilling now.. I ran over 7000 science per turn easily these last 30 odd turns...

I hope it helps you Adam to continue making a great game... I do enjoy it a lot :)
    Save included...

Attached Files: