Able to turn off AI weapons after scan

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by PlotinusRedux, Aug 6, 2019.

1. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

v1.0.3, after scanning an enemy ship, clicking on their weapon in the list allows you to toggle it on an offline. While toggled off, the AI will not use that weapon--it will just sit there and let you beat it up. Toggle it back on and it starts firing again.

Have noticed this in every battle I've tried it with.

Not a huge bug--once you know about it, you can just not do it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for letting us know. We'll fix this exploit in the next version :)

3. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

I'd consider it low priority--in single player games using exploits is just hurting your own enjoyment. I just did it accidentally the first time and couldn't figure out how I took down a space monster with my 2 starting frigates after a 200 round battle or so--now that I know what I did I just don't do it.

I'm mainly just passing it on in case others also do it accidentally just clicking on the weapons to see if you can get more info by doing so, so they know what caused it and you've got a possible cause for defect reports about the AI not firing after a scan.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

This issue was resolved (not possible to switch off the AI weapons anymore :) ) and the fix will be available in the 1.0.4 patch, thanks!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1