Advanced Colonization Tech Error 1.04

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by PlotinusRedux, Oct 16, 2019.

1. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

It looks like 1.04 added an "Advanced Colonization" tech at PE3. It has no tooltip, but I decided to research it anyway to see what it did. It gives an error message (saved game and output_log.txt attached), then shows the "discovery" with the right name but a random description. Repeated in a separate game, same errors on researching it.

Advanced3.PNG Advanced1.PNG
    Advanced Error.png

Attached Files:

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Apparently, this save (this game) was created in a version prior to 1.0.4. Or, you may have loaded a save game from a prior version and then started this game right after that. Can you confirm that? If that is the case, that's the reason why you get this error.

In any case, this issue is now resolved and a fix will be available in the 1.0.5 patch.

In the meantime, please find a fixed save so you can continue your game and not have this error.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

3. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

The game was created in 1.04, but it's entirely possible I had loaded a game from a previous version then not exited to the desktop.

Thanks for the fixed save, but I already worked around it just by changing what I was researching to something else.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1