[Alpha 1a] How is fleet power calculated?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Culthrasa, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

Still the same game from the AAR. WHile checking the status i noticed one empire had gained an enormous amount of fleet power. Even after building four titan ships i didn't even make my line tick upwards...
    Something funny must be going on.. No way they could have more (or even equivalant tech/prod/shippoints)

[​IMG]

Save is from two turn later wher all of a sudden also the humans spiked upwards in a single turn...

[​IMG]

hope it helps...:)

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

This is caused by a bug that is allowing the AI to design Titans with several Spinal Mounts in them, where a Titan must only allow 1 spinal mount weapon slot, and with just one weapon in the bank. And, only the Draguul and the Moltar are allowed to install spinal mounts (kinetics for the Draguul and beams for the Moltar). Human and Sulak Titans will have other powers that are still not in the game.

In your example, both the Human and the Sulak AIs are being allowed to design Titans with spinal mounts. This caused the spikes. This needs to be corrected and fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for the report and save.

As for your question on how is fleet power calculated, it's a function of weapons firepower and shields, armor and combat speed modifiers.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

thz for the reply.. how come then that my own titans with the adamantium armor, VIII shields and such don't even show up after being build? I would expect to see a noticable uptick in my powergraph after building four or five titans...

Secondly... how the heck would they be able to be at that tech level already? While i'm dumping more than 7000 research into it, have by far the most pop etc.. etc... From my point of view it is impossible that they have achieved that techlevel at this point...

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Your Titans do show up, you can see the increase. However, that is dwarved by the Human and Sulak bugged Titans, which should never be allowed to have so many weapons and Spinal Mounts (think Death Start type weapons) in them, as I explained above. That creates those huge spikes and will need to be fixed soon.

You are the best in tech by far. However, the Draguul and the Klackon have way more ships than you, which even if dated compared to yours, are still great in numbers. The Sulak and the Human spikes don't count, those are due to the Spinal Mount bug.

upload_2018-12-15_0-56-55.png