[Alpha 1a] "old" Colony ship doesn't get updated with new tech

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Culthrasa, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

Hey all,

Not entirely sure what the problem was, but the free colony ship i got from Culture wasn't able to colonize a planet for which i got the colonization tech later on. A newly build colony ship could settle that planet.

Don't have a screenshot for it, but the planet was flagged "colonizable", even waited a turn, but no go.. Flew to another system and there it was unable to colonize the same type (swamp in this case) but it was capable of colonizing my ideal type (lava).

Hope it helps!

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

This may be related with the unique ability "Resilient Settlers", which allows colonizing worlds for which you do not have a tech for. However, you say that you had the colonization tech and that the world in question was colonizable, and that a newly built colony ship could colonize that world but the "bugged" colony ship could not.

A save would be very important to have in this case so I could have a direct look at the problem. If you still have a save of that time with the "bugged" colony ship please could you upload it here? Thanks!

3. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

here you go.. planet Martok.. the colony ship in orbit is the free one from Culture.. and I don't have resilient settlers as unique ability

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the save, that's always very helpful.

Ok, the issue was not in the colony ship but on an issue on how the rogue planet system was being presented, which blocked the colonization of the planet. This is now fixed in the dev build.

If you wish to get a fixed save where that rogue planet is colonized at that time let me know.

Thanks!

5. Culthrasa

Culthrasa Ensign

hey @Adam Solo , no need thz.. was able to colonize it later.. that was my AAR game... cheers for the response :)

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1