[Alpha 2] Clairvoyance Research Decision Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by aReclusiveMind, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I have been playing as the Nova and have come across a bug with the Clairvoyance ability.

I unlocked and used the Clairvoyance ability to fully reveal two sectors early on. I then encountered a couple of bugs:
    1. None of the standard notifications were provided about the sectors I fully revealed.
    2. A "Research Decision" replaced the end turn button. The typical notification/icon about the discovery did not appear on the right. According to the decision, I had discovered Neutronium. After making my selection, the "Research Decision" button would not disappear. Clicking on it again revealed the same decision. I was unable to proceed and end the turn because it would not move past this decision.
    I saved the game. I exited to the menu and reloaded my game. After a reload, all of the notifications for the revealed sectors popped up. I also found I had discovered TWO unique resources, Neutronium and Helium-3. I was able to make both decisions and proceed to the next turn.

Not a showstopper, but certainly a bug that could occur often when this is unlocked early on (easy to do if your first scan is your home system). I am not sure if the issue was with the notifications not popping up or the fact that I found two unique resources during the the two reveals.

Let me know if you want the save, although the issue is resolved when it is loaded.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, please send the save, the one before you used the Clairvoyance unique ability, as it will be much quicker to fix the issue with it.

Thanks!

\Edit: It must have been a very particular combination or sequence of events, as I'm not being able to reproduce the issue. I see all the notifications raised by the instant reveal, and I can make the strategic resource decisions. Having the save just before you unlocked the Clairvoyance would be super helpful to try to get the same results, and to know which sectors did you instant reveal, if possible.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. aReclusiveMind

I should have kept that save shouldn't I? :confused:

I have the save from turn 9 right after I used clairvoyance, but I don't think I have the one from the turn before. I will see if I have a manual save from an earlier turn. I could determine the coordinates from the notifications if needed. I will upload the turn 9 save for you at the very least later today.

4. Adam Solo

No worries. It would be good to have the save prior to the activation but I figured out what the problem may be and the next patch should address the issues you mention at the root.

Still, I find strange that you didn't see the action notifications for your strategic resources upon making the instant reveals. It must have been a special case. In any case, I'm convinced this fix will address any issues the clairvoyance unique ability, so please do send the turn 9 "a posteriori" save when you find the time, and I'll have a look to see what is special about it.

Thanks.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  5. aReclusiveMind

Glad to hear you may have figured it out. Just in case it is a different issue, here is my follow-up.

Well, I don't have a save before turn 9 when this occurred. The attached save is the result of me saving the game right after the issue occurred (same turn). Exiting the menu and loading this save resolved the issue.

I believe sectors A3, B2, and B4 were all explored this turn. A3 finished, unlocking Clairvoyance, which I then used to reveal B2 and B4 which is where the strategic resources were discovered. Note I also have the Astronomy Culture perk providing me 2 remote explorations.

Here is a screenshot showing me making the Neutronium Research Decision. Note in the lower right that the discovery icon did not appear, nor did any of the information revealed about the planets, nor the decision regarding Helium-3. Clicking either "Choose" option here closed the window, but the "Research Decision" overtaking the End Turn button would not go away. Clicking it just took me back to the same decision shown.

isg_alpha2_clairvoyancebug.jpg

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Adam Solo

I think we may have a different issue here. This is what I get when I load your save using the same version you have there (playing in Steam unstable branch).

Notice all the notifications on the right.

upload_2019-6-13_11-25-12.png

upload_2019-6-13_11-26-44.png

Could this be a cache issue? Maybe rebuilding the cache on Steam?

I fired up the game. Loaded your save, and got this.

Did you get that screenshot at the time when you got the bug, or after loading? I guess it was when you got the bug?

7. aReclusiveMind

If I load the save, I get the same result you've shown. All of the notifications appear on the right. I am unable to reproduce the original issue with the save either.

The save was taken at the time the bug occurred. That is also when my screenshot was taken, before exiting and loading. Whatever caused the issue does not persist when the game is loaded, so the results you are seeing are expected.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Adam Solo

Ok, I'm pleased do announce that this issue seems resolved.

I was able to reproduce the issue inspired by your description and save in the version you have. In the current dev build I did not have the issue. All notifications did appear in this current dev build, which was not the case when I tested in the version you have. And, I could make all decisions.

Old version:

upload_2019-6-13_12-42-29.png

New version:

upload_2019-6-13_12-41-1.png

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  9. aReclusiveMind

Fantastic! Great to hear!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
Thread Status: