[ALPHA] Bugs from Sulak Videos

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by aReclusiveMind, Dec 8, 2018.

1. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Here is a report on the bugs I encountered in my Sulak Let's Play series in the Alpha. I may have missed some, and some were already reported by me earlier. If I have time at some point I'll go back through.

Espionage Related Bugs
    • After spying on an enemy AI's tech tree, there are several things that incorrectly carry over to the player's tech tree. Note that these issues do not appear to carry over when you exit the game and load a save. Here are several screenshots to show how this occurs:
    My Tech Tree on Turn 109:
    isg_alpha_techtree109.png

AI (Draguul) Tech Tree seen using espionage on Turn 115:
    isg_alpha_AI_techtree115.png

My Tech Tree on Turn 117:
    isg_alpha_techtree117a.png isg_alpha_techtree117b.png
    • I noticed the following issues (all present in video 5 if context needed):
    • Entries for techs I have not found/unlocked appear on my list. I had not found a source of Neutronium, as shown in turn 109, and still hadn't by turn 117, yet Neutronium Armor Coating appears in my tech tree on turn 117 after seeing it on the AI's tree. I know I hadn't found it yet because I find Neutronium on turn 120 and make the decision on which techs to unlock then.
    • Strategic Resource icons appear on my tech tree in the same spot as they did on the AI's. This info doesn't appear to be cleared out after viewing their tech tree. This is why regular techs like Tungsten Armor have a Helium-3 icon on my tech tree on turn 117. If you compare to the AI's picture on turn 115, my Tungsten Armor is in the same slot as their Enhanced Shields, and the Helium-3 icon got incorrectly added to my tech tree.
    • Duplicate entries for multiple technologies begin appearing on my tech tree in turn 117 that did not exist in tuen 109. To name a few: personal shield, bomb rack, neutrino scanner, star fortress, imperial resort, advanced targeting algorithms.
    • As I noted, when I reload a save game, all of these issues appear to go away. They only persist after performing espionage and continuing to play the game.

AI Observations Using Espionage
    • AI is holding onto unassigned leaders and allowing their opinion to get worse and worse. Rakka 68 in this example seems to just be losing opinion every turn. If the AI doesn't have enough systems to assign the leader, they should either send some on espionage missions or fire the extras. In this case, they could have sent "Eroxioph" on an espionage mission and assigned Rakka 68 to a colony many turns before.
    isg_alpha_AI_leaders.png

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

The one about some tech items carrying over to the player's tech tree is now fixed in the dev build.

The other about how the AI handles leaders with low opinion, because it didn't have enough systems to assign them to will be dealt with in a next opportunity.

Thanks!

• Helpful Helpful x 1