[ALPHA] Deep Cover Espionage Bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by aReclusiveMind, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I have encountered a couple of very odd bugs with Deep Cover. The easiest way to explain it is to show it, so I am attaching a small video.

Background: I have a leader (Lord Matjosh) in deep cover spying on the Humans. Since he is already in position I went to the diplomacy menu to view the stats on the humans.

Bug #1 - Info is not displayed properly
    1. The treasury, ship support points, and strategic resources are not being displayed.
      • I exited the game and reloaded my save and this issue corrected itself.
    Bug #2 Disappearing race leader graphic and return of the old Moltar
    1. As above, access the info about the Humans from the diplomacy screen.
    2. If I access their research info screen and then exit, the race graphic/animation disappears from the details page.
    3. If I exit the details page, back to the diplomacy screen, the old Moltar image appears for all leaders. While I found this quite humorous and nostalgic, I imagine this is not intended. ;)
    4. I don't believe this occurred when I first established deep cover and looked at their tech. It was only afterward when I accessed it via the diplomacy screen.
    5. Reloading from a save does not correct this issue.

Note that for Bug #2, the issues does not occur when visiting their leader info screen instead.

I can provide a save if needed, but I thought this video may give you an idea why this is happening.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Also worth noting that the Humans had an unassigned leader, Rakka 68 "Mother" at -14 opinion and unassigned. This was what I observed via espionage on turn 105. It said they had 3 colonies, but perhaps 2 were in the same system and there wasn't a spot for Rakka? If so they should have just fired her though.

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Wow, now that was fun to watch, in a way ;) We'll look into this, thanks!

As for the AI firing the leader, yeah, it should have in those circunstances, I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.