Alpha - 'Switched' me from Human to Draguul

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by medway, Dec 1, 2018.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

I was in turn 215 in a game as Human. I went to the ship design page and noticed all my designs were now Draguul. I exited and noticed the left menu area to select colonies, ships etc... didn't work anymore. I went to save the game and it defaulted to Draguul as the name, I also get the Draguul green banner come up at the start of the turn instead of Human.

Enclosed in a save from turn 214 where everything seemed fine and then the auto save and manual save of 215.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

In this kind of situation, when something weird happens, it's very useful to have the output_log.txt from when you witnessed the abnormal behavior. So, when you see an issue, you can save, and then quit the game and go to C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\ and send us the output_log.txt as that tells us if there was an error and we can find the source of the issue more quickly.

If you did not start the game again, can you send me the output_log.txt?

Thanks!

3. Adam Solo

I loaded both Autosaves (turn 214 and 215), went to the ship design screen and everything was ok.

Loading the "Draguul Kingdom - Turn 215" save, I see that the game is displaying the wrong information, as if you were the Draguul. The Ship Design displays the Draguul ships. If I press Next Turn, then the game gets back to normal, and you're the Human Federation again.

I think what may have happened is that you may have clicked to open the Ship Design screen during the middle of the turn execution, and therefore you got the Draguul ships because the Draguul play last. I simulated that and got the same issue as you. The game is allowing the player to click on the buttons at the top right during the turn processing and it must not, otherwise it will interfere with the turn processing and strange behavior can happen, like what happened here.

Even if this was not the case, which I'm positive it was, we must fix this behavior, so that the player isn't allowed to click on vital stuff during the middle of the turn processing because that may corrupt the game state.

4. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks Adam. That might be the case. I had a little bit of lag so maybe wasn't sure if the turn was finished yet by looking at the display on the bottom right.

5. medway

medway Lieutenant

Btw I just loaded the turn 215 Draguul save and my overview menu doesn't work. This is even after quitting and reloading the game. On next turn it's all fine though. I guess the overview doesn't work as the data probably doesn't matchup with the switch.

6. Adam Solo

Yes, I think that was what happened. The data then doesn't match up with the game's UI state. You experienced a bit of lag, weren't sure if the turn had ended and then clicked on stuff. The problem is the game allowing to click on stuff, especially on vital systems, before the turn has finished processing. We'll fix that. Thanks.

I understand that you can proceed with your game, right? If not let me know and I'll send you a fixed save.