[Alpha2b] Next Turn... waiting forever

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Yrth, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yrth

Yrth Cadet

I've got a problem that pressing 'Next turn' results in an never ending loop/thread. I encountered this at the end of turn-128, tried reload without success. Then I tried reload turn-127 and managed to go on until end of turn-133. This time my workaround loading turn-126 and go on did not work, so I sadly had to quit.
    I could not find the save game to attach, if you need it to analyze the problem I need to know how to find it in the next few hours because I am going to vacation.

Just seen that there was a similiar bug: My custom race was newly created, I just installed it from steam,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

The saves are located here:
    C:\Users\<yourusernamegoeshere>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG

If you can attach some save files from around that time, I believe it would be highly beneficial to figuring out the issue. Thanks!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Happened to me too just now, so I will post it here as well. Save and output log attached. I ended turn 146 and... nothing
    Edit
    Exiting the game and reloading does not solve the issue:(

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Along with a save to reproduce the issue, the output_log.txt (also found where the saves are) is also very helpful in detecting the issue. And this was also the case here. I could see the error at the end of the output_log.txt. I believe we fixed this one. I will have a look asap.

\Edit: Just one note on the log. Please catch it right after you have the issue (without quitting the game) - and before launching the game again, otherwise the log will be re-written and will not be useful to find what the bug could have been.

Thanks!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Adam Solo

There were two issues at play here. In one of them a space monster found its way to the Human's homeworld. It was there from the start but only triggered the issue later in the game. I identified where the space monster was sneaking in a player's homeworld system and that issue is now fixed and will be available in the next build.

The second issue seems related with the custom races. Can you please send me all the custom races you currently have so I could have a look at them? You can find the files in C:\Users\<your_username_here>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\Races

Your Crystal Empire race, do you remember having created it from scratch after Alpha 2b was out, or did you resume a previous save from Alpha2a?

I resolved the issues and fixed the save for you. Please find it attached.

However, if there happens to be an issue in one of your custom races you may end up with other issues later on. It's important to delete all custom races after each update because we're still making changes to the races at this stage.

Let me know if you could resume your play with the fixed save. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  6. Adam Solo

Your issue was different from Yrth's, and this one we had already identified and resolved in the dev build. Please find a fixed save, which should allow you to proceed until we release a new build. However, and since the bug is still there in your end you may end up with the same issue a bit further in.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  7. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Thank you Adam, but there is no need, I realized that game wasn't set on maximum difficulty so I deleted and started a new one in order to get more data about what happens on those settings and how the game behaves. So far that issue hasn't come up and I am over turn 200

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  8. aReclusiveMind

This may again be the same issue, but just wanted to report it. Save and output log files are attached.

All I did was load my save, clear out the alerts, deny the leave request, select an initiative level up, and accept the promotion. Click end turn. If the error didn't happen, I reloaded. After 6 times, it did.

Seems to be related to AI behavior, not mine.

Attached Files:

9. Adam Solo

Yes, it's the same known issue, already fixed in the dev build.

I'll get you a new build asap as this is kind of blocking.

\Edit: Having the output_log.txt for this kind of freezes and other strange anomalies is great because I can see immediately what happened. Sending the save and the log is the best.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. aReclusiveMind

I am not an expert with your code by any stretch, but with the programming and scripting experience I do have, I can see why you want it. With a look at it, I can still get a rough idea of what the issue might be.

I can wait until the next release with all the bug fixes. I got a good few hundred turns with this one.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.