Are ruin techs only discoverable by one player?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PlotinusRedux, Jun 9, 2021.

1. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

Sorry for all the questions, gathering info to update the Wiki (and before I forget does the next version change any weapon, etc., stats? If so I'll wait to update, they've changed a lot since I created it.)

I'm playing a one-system challenge on impossible. Usually I seeking out ruins with a survey ship is a top priority and I find at least Nano-swarm, Chaos Chain, and Matter Streamer early.

In this game I didn't really start going for ruins until around turn 150--the turns before that being spent just surviving, getting enough logistics to get far, etc.

So it's turn 161 and I'm searching ruins with a survey ship and expert explorer.

This is my first game with a race with the Kinetic Spinal Mount, so I wanted to get the Matter Streamer to see if it could be mounted--I don't need it, I already have the better Doom Cannon, this was just for updating the Wiki.

But no matter how many times I reload, I can't get Matter Streamer or even Nano-swarm with a survey ship and expert explorer at turn 161, when I know I got both before turn 110 in my last game on the same version.

So I'm wondering--if an AI discovers Doom Cannon in ruins, can I still discover it, or is it "taken" at that point?

Oh, and so I can stop reloading, can the Matter Streamer and Chaos Chain be spinal mounted?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  2. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

BTW, if your curious what countries are playing or at least looking at the Wiki and Steam doesn't provide it, over the last 30 days for the Wiki:

Usage.png

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  3. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

I'm not sure if that means one person from French Polynesia visited it 17 times, or if 17 different IP's from French Polynesia visited it. Or maybe 1 person with a very dynamic IP.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Regarding the ruins question, yes, ruin techs are only discoverable by one player in a given game.

Thanks for the numbers.

Given it reported 17 visits from French Polynesia I think it's plausible that it means visits and not unique visitors / unique users :)

5. Master of Worlds

Master of Worlds Cadet

My experience is only one empire can discover a ruin technology. I don't think you can even steal a ruin technology.