Autofire

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Konstantine, May 3, 2020.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Pursuant to yesterday's pm,
    I created this test specifically for the issue I mentioned. Process the turn and engage the dragon, pay attention to the damage reported versus the actual damage taken by the monster.
    In addition, you have the no range special, meaning that your damage output should be the same, yet the closer the entity comes, the greater your damage output.
    Something is off here. Either the numbers being reported are wrong, or the damage is not being applied. I am also noticing that I am dealing more damage than the maximum output of my weapon at times, yet there are no leaders present to cause this.

Play with the save and see what you make of it, disable your missiles if you want the combat to go longer, I have only included them as they are usually present in a similar configuration, regardless if I am using early tech ships as in this instance, or more advanced designs, they may play a role.

Attached Files:

• Test.zip
      File size:
      433.4 KB
      Views:
  2. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Thanks for the report. This bug was uncovered a week or so ago and is a high priority item to be looked at for the next patch.

The actual damage done, and the total damage shown in the combat log, should be correct. There are however two issues here that will be looked at.

One has to do with the damage being misreported when the damage numbers appear above the monster. The first number shown is the actual total for your attack, the other two are subtotal numbers you can disregard for now. The combat log will also show the correct damage dealt. Note that for hits against structure and systems, only pay attention to the first red and yellow numbers to see total damage when using auto-fire.

The second has to do with how damage is rounded in the tooltips to remove decimal numbers, vs. combat where the decimals are kept. That is why your weapon says 16min-16max damage, but even if both hit all 3x you only see a max of 45 damage dealt. The actual damage of the 2 lasers is actually 7.5 each x2 lasers = 15 min - 15 max. This will be looked at.

The other damage discrepancy is likely due to one or more lasers missing their auto-fire causing some instances where only 7.5 damage is done. This will also be shown in the log and is correct aside from the rounding vs not-rounding of decimal numbers.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Good to know.

arm.jpg

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1