Battle hanged during AI turn with UI remaining responsive

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by dmitryme, Oct 26, 2021.

1. dmitryme

dmitryme Cadet

I attacked a Cerixx fleet and the battle rougly followed the following scenario: my ships and thiers fired at each other during turns 1 and 2. They've lost several ships and I've lost one. On turn 3 I've ordered all ships to flee and they did, all except one, which was stuck because its engine was broken. Since the ship was effectively disabled, I've pushed "End Turn" on my turn 4. They did not manage to finish the ship on their turn, so I pushed "End Turn" on my turn 5 again. They started making some moves, but I think not every enemy ship moved when the battle hanged. The UI remained responsive, i.e. I still could scroll battllefield left-right-top-bottom + use zoom, push fleet detail buttons in top left and top right corners. But enemy turn effectively stuck, and I did not get battle control afterwards.

I've collected Player.log, Player-prev.log, screenshot of battle, and save from the turn before the battle. The archive with all that can be downloaded from my google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/12jBfhLVrh0w76ic4pU5NB_rRPEukoxQB/view?usp=sharing
    I have bad internet connection right now, so did not manage to upload the archive directly to the forum.

The battle happens in Rosadnyk system, just push "end turn" button and you should have it afterwards.

Looking at Player.log, I suspect the reason of the hanging is "InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements" closer to the end of the log, which seems to be happening right in the middle of AI ship decision logic.

2. dmitryme

dmitryme Cadet

BTW I forgot to mention that I play game version 1.3.4

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the bug report, the saves and the Player and Player-prev log files, that's always very helpful information to have to analyse an issue.

I could not reproduce the issue after several attempts using the save you provided and the battle on the Rosadnyk system, but I identified what lead to the behavior you report. It may indeed involve leaving a single disabled ship behind without it being able to do anything else after all others have fled. This scenario could lead to a glitch in the AI code logic and create the behavior you witnessed, which I believe would be a rare occurence.

In any case, this is now resolved and a fix will be available in the next update. Thanks!

4. dmitryme

dmitryme Cadet

Thank you Adam, great to hear you fixed this and that other bug with Divide by Zero event.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1