Battle lockup on flee

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by medway, Aug 3, 2019.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

Was fighting the AI in Luminar system when they tried to flee. All of the ships left but one was left at which point the battle wouldn't continue.

Attached Files:

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for the report and save. We'll have a look at this as soon as possible.

By the way, have you saved tthe log for this, I guess not. If this issue occurs again please send the output_log.txt after you have the issue as that will help understand what the issue may be. Thanks.

3. medway

medway Lieutenant

Output is in there too, that's just the name Windows gave it, sorry didn't change.

And also per the other thread I think the core issue is the AI making such a large fleet when it shouldn't. Currently, I am going around and taking their systems (they own like 80% or more of a huge map) and they are intercepting me at points with this fleet. But I can just flee and keep going. Meanwhile my 3-4 smaller fleets of about 15-20 ships are taking their systems.

They should really be making multiple smaller fleets, like 5-10 ones of 25-50 ships to attack me instead. If that was the case then there wouldn't be the issue of the battle screen getting bogged down. And the AI might do a lot better against my push to retake all their areas.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Ok, I'll have a look.

\Edit: By the way, I've seen where the error is, this should be fixed in the next update, or the one after.

Don't worry, the AII will make more assault fleets in future updates. It should be an easy fix, I will start working on that as soon as possible. Thanks.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  5. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks sounds good!