[BETA] Leader Desire resolution sometimes failed

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Yrth, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Yrth

Yrth Cadet

I've got some chaos with the leader desire. One of my Leaders requested a merit raise. I accepted, all fine.
    Next turn the leader get the greedy trait and I get the message 'merit raise failed'.
    Another Leader want to leave for 10 turrn, again I accepted, but 1 or 2 turns later I get the message 'leave failed'.
    Yet another leader failed some desire I get the message, one turn later I get the same message twice (so he failed 3 times).
    Seems that there is something strange with the desire management.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Do you have a save you can send me before the leader asked for the merit raise? Saves can be found in "C:\Users\<your_user_name_here>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG"

Regarding the leader who wished to be granted a "leave". You accepted and then you say that a couple of turns latter you get a message saying "leave failed"? Can you tell me more details about what exactly the message said and what happened with the leader afterwards? Was the leave still unavailable/on leave, or was the leader back to work on the leaders management screen?

Then you mention a 3rd leader (I understand it's different from the greedy one and the one who requested shore leave), who failed "some desire", what desire was that exactly? Then one turn later you say you got the same "desire failed" message, but twice, like duplicate messages? And what type of desire was that that failed?

Thanks!

3. Yrth

Yrth Cadet

Back from Holiday, started new game with new custom race and 1.02 and got the same error wit leader desire:
    in turn 96 Archibald Pike's desire for having combat with a Cruiser was fulfilled so he asked for a Shore Leave.
    I granted and the Shore Leave desire was fullfilled. (Red desire marker was also gone)
    In turn 97 I got 'Archibald Pike's Shore Leave desire was unfullfilled' and his pic says: ON LEAVE.
    This time I can provide you with the saves.

Attached Files:

• ISG.zip
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Yrth

Yrth Cadet

I reloaded turn 95, got the same Shore Leave desire in Turn 96 and managed to reach turn 102 as the message 'Archibald Pike's Shore Leave desire was unfullfilled' popped up(4 turns of Shore Leave to go). I will now try to go on with a reload of turn 101 hoping to reach the end of his leave without this error :)

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Adam Solo

Thanks for the save and detailed bug report, I will have a look at this as soon as possible. Thanks!

6. Adam Solo

Hi Yrth,

I tried saves 95, 96 and played until 105. Did this four times, and in all of them I did not see any issue. Pike returned to duty on turn 106 in all 4 cases. I also loaded turn 102 and did not see the 'Archibald Pike's Shore Leave desire was unfullfilled' notice you mentioned.

Could this have been solved by 1.0.3 somehow? If you still see this issue, of if you think I may not be reproducing the issue correctly, please let me know.

Thanks!

7. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I just ran into this same bug tonight in 1.0.3.

Here is the situation:
    1. A few turns earlier, I gave Isaac Hansen the raise he wanted. The merit raise desire was met.
    2. On this turn. Veruca Shrike, acquired the trusting trait.
    3. When I click on and then exit the notification for her trait, another notification pops up saying Isaac Hansen's merit raise desire failed.
    4. Every time I repeat step 2, another notification appears as shown in step 3, and Isaac's reputation continues to go down.

In the example GIF below, I did it 4 or 5 times at least and the behavior occurred every single time. Isaac basically hates my guts now. (I am going to reload, it was just science, I swear!)

Save and output.log attached.

desirenotmet.gif

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Here is the autosave from that same game, same turn. If I load it and click on Veruca's notification, all of my other notifications disappear except for a notice about Isaac Hansen failing his. It didn't repeat like it did the first time for me, but it still causes a bug to occur.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Adam Solo

Thanks for the saves and the bug report, I'll have a look at this as soon as possible.

10. Xeelee

Xeelee Cadet

I had this bug happen to me already a couple of times. Just now it was a failed shore leave desire. I'm going to back up my saves. Let me know if you would like to have a save or if I should try to reproduce the issue.

11. Adam Solo

Thanks for the reports on this guys. It was a bug in the 'Ok' button when closing the trait gain screen. As always, the saves were crucial to speed up the analysis and the fixing. This was corrected and the fix will be available in the 1.0.4 patch. Thanks again!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1