Bug: Revolts

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Morloc, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Morloc

Morloc Cadet

Version: 1.06

I've had a revolt where I was informed that my resistance had been victorious and captured the planet back. In reality, I'd already recaptured the planet, and it now went back into enemy hands.

I'm guessing that some of my Human population had been converted to loyalists of whichever race had conquered them while being occupied. When I captured the world with Marines, those alien-loyalists rebelled against me, but this was reported as my own people winning due to their race being human regardless of their political affiliation.

-Morloc

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

So, as I understand, you're saying you captured a planet. Then, a few turns later you got a notification saying you were victorious on capturing the planet back, but in fact the planet got back into enemy hands. Is this what happened?

Do you happen to have a save prior to that revolt, so I could have a look at it?

Thanks!

3. Morloc

Morloc Cadet

I'm so sorry, but I've been really hammering this game so I don't have it. I read the bug submission guidelines, but it was already too late to get a save.

I think your summary is correct.

1) Colonized a planet.
    2) At some later point, an enemy captures it.
    3) Later down the road I recapture it with assault ships.
    4) Later still, I received the message stating that my rebels had won and the planet was now mine.
    5) ...but, the planet had already been mine, and was now indeed back in the hands of the race which had held it.

When they took it over the 1st time, I suspect some of my population was converted to be loyal to the enemy.
    When I took it back, those people remained loyal to the enemy, and their resistance was against me even though they were Human.
    When they rebelled, it should have said something to the effect that the planet was back in the hands of the Kaek (or whichever race had pwned me).
    It's possible that I received the win message because it was Human rebels which carried out the revolt?

-Morloc

• Helpful Helpful x 1