Cannot Move Ships in Tactical Combat

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Blake Douglas, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Blake Douglas

Blake Douglas Cadet

I am unable to move ships once in tactical combat. From the videos I've seen there should be a movement box to pick a spot for a ship to move - but I don't have it. Only a cursor. I have all the overlays turned on and can see where my ship movement range is, but cannot issue a move command. I tried reinstalling the game, but it didn't work.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Blake,

after selecting a ship with your left mouse button you should be able to issue the left mouse button again in an area around the ship, given by the "possible movement positions" layer in order to move the ship. Note that it's not required that the layer is active to move the ship.

Here's a video that shows the ship selection and movement process. In the video you can see that after selecting a ship (left mouse click) you get green and orange arrows on your cursor when you move around the ship. That tells you where you can move your ship, with green representing one movement action, and orange signaling that two actions will be spent for that ship.

Can you confirm that you can select the ship with left mouse click (blue markers around it), see the green/orange arrow and order the ship to move by clicking on the left mouse button? Note that the right-mouse button's only purpose is to pan the combat map around, all actions are done with the mouse left button.

Let me know if this helped. If not, then you are not being allowed to use the move function by some reason, like an anti-virus software application possibly denying access to some game functions, for example. If that may be the case, try adding the game as an exception in your firewall/antivirus software.

3. Blake Douglas

Blake Douglas Cadet

I loaded up the game today (haven't played since Sept 4), and saw that all the saved games were lost. They were there after the reinstall, so I'm assuming there was an update - even though I just read an article (Sep 9) with an update coming in a few weeks?

Previously, no there was not a green & orange arrow on the cursor. It was similar to an older post of someone trying to play remotely, but I'm on a new desktop.

I started a test game and bee lined into a fight, and now it suddenly works!? I cannot explain it, but maybe you can?

When I have more time I'll start a new, serious game and will monitor the ship combat mechanics and update if the problem persists.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

The new update isn't out yet. Should be released in a few weeks. The game does not delete the saves. They are only deleted by player action via the Save/Load menu inside the game, or by going to this folder and delete the files: C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\

No, I really can't. I'm glad it works now though.

Ok, thanks!