Combat issue - Fleet list and ship selection

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Kharn, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

[game version 1.1.1 stable steam]

Hi, there is an issue in tactical combat. Namely, when opponent ship list is expanded then when the camera is positioned so that the target ship is more or less in the position where the list of ships is located (red X) then in some cases is not possible to use specials, like scanning or even targeting enemy vessel. This problem is not shown every time, so it could be hard to locate.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

The problem is bigger. In next combat just after make action of my first ship (move, overload weapon and shot to enemy), I was not able to move or select other ships or even targeting the enemy, no matter how camera is set. I'm reload the game and problem is reproduced.

Maybe is the problem of today's game update on steam ? Both fights were after downloading this update.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

It happened to me too. I had a lynx found in some ruins; in the third reload, after relaunching the game, everything was working. So I didn't submit a bug report... I couldn't reproduce It.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 2
  4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I confirm an almost exact experience.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  5. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

This is now fixed.

I believe this issue is also fixed. I say believe because I couldn't download your save game (Legion - Turn 162.rar) to check, because my Windows Defender said it contained a virus. Better look into that.

So, I run a few tests and discovered a bug in combat that would cause the behavior you report, where it was not possible to select any ships. This was caused when a ship would start to get damage from critical heat.

Both these fixes are now available on Steam.

If you run into problems like these in space combat, where you see strange behavior (e.g. cannot click on ships, combat stuck, etc), please send me the save but also the Player.log and Player-prev.log files (before it was output_log.txt, but that was replaced with these new log files in the new version of Unity) right after the event, as it will be very useful from a debugging stand point. Especially for issues that are not easily reproducible. The Player log files are in the same folder as the save files.

If you have trouble with this new version, or find any major bug, please let me know.

Thanks.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  6. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Hi, thanks for the info.

Well, Windows doesn't like .rar files ;). My Eset tells me that the file is OK, but I will send you a .zip file instead.

Unfortunately, the problem still exist (steam updated the game). I can move first ship and until I press 'X' key everything works fine and I can select other unit. But when I press 'X' I can't do anything only auto resolve combat.

Maybe it's something related to the custom race I'm using.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  7. Adam Solo

Thanks for the save, now in ZIP format :) Thanks also for the logs, those were also useful.

With those precise instructions I could reproduce the issue and solve it. The fix is already up on Steam. Pressing the 'X' hotkey was causing a couple major issues. It was blocking combat in your situation and also causing fighters to disappear for another user. This is now fixed.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  8. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

ok, great, it works now :) but in some cases the "x" key does not switch to the next ship and it is necessary to press it again. In battle from '162 save' it happened 5 times in different turns, but this is a minor problem.

9. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Hi, the problem shows itself again in second combat from that save ('x' was pressed and I must move camera to shot). In the first and third fights everything works fine.

Attached Files:

10. Adam Solo

What problem do you refer to? I pressed 'X' in the second combat and it set the ship as done and it moved to the next ship as expected.

11. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Well, the problem is that I cannot shot at enemy, until I move camera. It was the same problem as was at the beginning of the post.

12. Adam Solo

I could not reproduce the issue. Maybe the enemy ship was beneath the fleet list panel or beneath another panel, and in that case you need to move the camera.

13. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Well, will see. Maybe I can trace the problem so that it can be reproduced. The ship was bellow right panel, just like it does in the first image in this post.