Combat rotation Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Kharn, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

[Game version 1.0.8]

Hi,
    I probably found another bug in tactical combat.

Namely, it is possible to rotate the ship without using the Operation Points.
    Try turning to a wider angle, and when the red message appears, just turn off the rotation button.
    You get a free rotation.

rotation.png

Update:
    ----------
    after looking more closely at the problem, it seems that the graphic model only rotated in that case Possible movement positions are wrong displayed.

rotation2.png

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, when issuing the rotation action the game must not allow the rotation button to be turned off, or the ship must revert to the original position. Thanks.

As for your update, could you please clarify what steps are necessary to show the wrong possible movement positions?

3. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

I'll try, my English is not the best.

There are two screenshots of the same ship and they were taken in the next turn, related to the first photo. As you can see, the graphics model (render) of the ship is rotated, but in reality the ship were not rotated (I cancelled the rotation as described). The game allows you to move the ship only to the right (left arrow), just like the ship is really rotated. The right part of the image shows that the game disallow to move down the screen, despite of suggestion of the ship graphics and the 'Possible position of the selected ship' grid.

It seems to me that this case occurs only because the ship graphics (render) does not return to its original position (angle) after cancelling the rotation.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Ok, I understand now what you meant, thanks for the clarification.