Community Feedback List (Updated Dec 3, 2018)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam Solo, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi @Blake00, thanks a lot for your feedback and for the kind words. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game so much :)

Some of your suggestions are already in our big list of items to consider. Here's a few comments on some of your points.

Since you don't have a dedicated 3D card, I recommend that you set your graphics quality setting to 'Low', if you haven't already. Also, setting VSync to 2:1 could also ameliorate the graphical performance for you. Let me know if that solved the issue for you.

One possibility to settle that system peacefully would be to try and get an alliance with that race. With an alliance you can settle on systems controlled by others.

You can disable any race and exclude it from appearing in the game, including the original ones. To do so, choose "Disabled" from the selection box for that race. However, you have to do this on other races and not the one you selected for yourself as you cannot disable the race you have currently selected. I know it should be more intuitive to disable a race than this, but that was the best we could do.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  2. Blake00

Blake00 Cadet

Not sure if this has already been addressed in recent changes but I just remembered another issue I had a few months back in my super game.

On planets there seems to be a population size morale penalty once it gets too big however it doesn't seem to be based on the planet size, instead it seems purely based on population size (Overcrowding -4% morale per pop above 14). This meant that all my huge planets started suffering huge penalties to the point where my large planets were more productive than my huge ones. This doesn't really make sense as crowded planet is a crowded planet no matter its size and making huge planets half useless in the late game after all the work you've put into them is very disappointing. In Orion and other 4x games uber productive huge planets in the late game were always a great reward for the endless amount of terraforming and development work required to get them there through the game. In ISG you instead get punished while your smaller words get next to no punishment. Bigger worlds should suffer less overcrowding penalties, not more!

Also this problem is accentuated by picking the racial perk of subterranean that increases allowed pop size on a planet by 50% meaning your bigger planets hit this penalty pop cap much easier. A subterranean player will have many worlds pass 14 crippling their advantage.

If annoying overcrowding penalties have to be in the game then surely it shouldn't be based on a hard set value of 14 pop regardless of planet size.. it should be based on a percentage of the planets total pop limit (eg Overcrowding -4% morale per pop above 80% of total pop on this world). That way it can bend and adapt to any planet size and if subterranean is turned on or not.

3. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Blake00,

I replied to this same question and topic here.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

And you replied well.

May I suggest that the problem is really one of nomenclature, if you changed it from overcrowding to "bureaucracy" it may work much better and avoid confusion.